Chapter 36

Amberstream told Wolfstrike and the others about Mallowskip. By the time she had said it all, Wolfstrike's eyes were blazing with anger.

"That lying piece of fox dung!" Wolfstrike snarled. "Blackleaf! Go bring Mallowskip to me!" Wolfstrike snapped his head towards the black furred tom.

Blackleaf nodded. He turned around and raced into the trees.

Maggotstar broke the silence. "Amberstream? Does that mean we can't trust Tank?"

Amberstream pondered Maggotstars question. Could they trust Tank? She new everything about the dark forest. "I'm.. I'm not sure." She murmured.

"You requested me?" A voice sounded behind them. Amberstream snapped her head around to see Blackleaf with Mallowskip.

As quick as a flash Wolfstrike jumped at her, barreling into her. Mallowskip screeched as blood splattered around her.

"Wolfstrike stop!" Maggotstar snarled. She jumped towards them and grabbed his scruff. She yanked him off.

Amberstream looked at the bloody mess Wolfstrike had made. Mallowskip breathed heavily as blood poured from her.

A cat stepped out of the shadows and walked over to Mallowskip.

"She'll be fine. But you hurt her pretty bad, Wolfstrike." The tom rasped.

Suddenly Amberstream recognized the old tom. It was Eelpool. He had been a Riverclan medicine cat. He had died of old age but nobody knew of his crimes until the day he died. He had killed many cats with death berries or other things. Nobody knew the reason since he never told anyone.

"Mallowskip. Why? Why did you tell Tank about the dark forest? And why did you lie?" Maggotstar rebuked.

Mallowskip sighed. "I never thought you'd find out." She staggered onto her haunches. "I made a promise with her that I would always keep in touch with her. And I kept my promise. Once I died and came here I found out a way to keep speaking to her. I managed to get to her. Everyday I told her what we were doing or planning. I lied and said she was bad because I knew that if Amberstream became friends with her, Tank would tell her about me. I couldn't risk it. But I talked to her for help! I wanted her to help us during battle!"

Wolfstrike walked back towards her. "I'll let you stay. But you have lost everyone's respect. And if you don't die in that battle, then I'll have to kill you after." He hissed.

Mallowskip cowered back. "I'm sorry Wolfstrike." She whispered.

Wolfstrike walked away. "You should be sorry Mallowskip. You failed me."

***

Amberstream fought Moonspeck. Moonspeck jumped on a tree and then onto Amberstream's back, taking her down.

"Where did you learn that?" Amberstream asked, astonished.

Moonspeck held up her head. "It's a move that we are learning in Shadowclan. Pretty cool huh?" She boasted.

Amberstream nodded. "Yeah.. pretty cool."

"It is time for you to return back to your clans!" Wolfstrike's voice rang.

Amberstream turned back to Moonspeck. "That gathering is tonight right?"

Moonspeck nodded.

"I'll be there. Do not tell anyone." Amberstream lowered her voice so the cats that belonged to clans still, didn't hear her.

Soon Amberstream opened her eyes. She got up and stretched. She looked around but Tank wasn't there.

"Tank?" She asked. No answer came. Amberstream shrugged, not thinking much of. She slowly made her way out of the barn. I'll hunt then leave to go the clans.

She opened her mouth and took in the smells. She scented the smell of rabbit. She followed the scent and was soon at a rabbit hole. I haven't hunted in a rabbit hole. I've only chased a couple on ground.

Amberstream went into a hunting crouch and scrambled into the hole. The scent of rabbit filled her nostrils. It's smells like there is only 1 in there. Good.

She saw the tail of a rabbit and took in a breath. She flung herself at the rabbit and bit down on its spine. The rabbit squealed and thrashed it's paws. Amberstream felt the rabbits claws scratch her. She quickly killed the rabbit and looked down at the scratch, which was dripping blood.

She grabbed the rabbit and scrambled out. She took in the air as she came out. She ran back to the barn and set down the rabbit.

"Amberstream? Where were you?" Tanks voice asked behind her.

Amberstream looked around but couldn't see Tank. "Where are you?" She asked.

"I'm up here!" Tank laughed.

Amberstream looked up to see Tank laying on another floor with hay surrounding her.

"Woah! How'd you get up there?" She asked. Tank got up and jumped down on another hay stack and then down onto the ground.

"The same way I just got down. Is that rabbit?" She passed Amberstream and sniffed the rabbit. "It sure is!" Tank gleamed. Tank sat down and bit into the rabbit. Amberstream walked over to her and joined her.