Chapter 2

I was watching Nergal as it chased it's prey that was running around the room. The poor rabbit was running for its life and I could see the fear in its eyes while doing its best not to get caught by Nergal. It knew that he will be Nergal's dinner for tonight.

I smirked. The scene in front of me looked so beautiful. I can't help but to get mesmerized while watching Nergal who was obviously just playing with his dinner. Like he's giving the rabbit a false hope that it can actually escape him if it will just do its best. I smiled menacingly. I really taught him well.

I crossed my arms over my chest when Nergal stopped chasing his dinner. The rabbit stopped running and looked at Nergal like it was trying to read his next move. But Nergal just sat down like he was tired with the chasing.

The rabbit looked like it was given a new hope. It took its chance to run towards the door that was wide open. But just as about it could leave the room, Nergal got up on his four feet. He jumped and used its claws and jaws to finally kill his dinner and eat it. I could hear the scream of terror from the rabbit as Nergal tear its body apart.

I can't help but to laugh! Oh my God! That was a good show! I am so proud with Nergal! He really takes after me! And the rabbit cries! Music to my ears!

It's more fun this way, right? When the hope turns into despair.

Emotions will die more if the fear is instense.

Ah... False hope. So powerful to kill oneself.

Nergal finished eating his food and was already licking the rabbit's blood off its paws. I smiled and showed him my hand while my thumb is rubbing my other fingers. I clicked my tongue multiple times to call him.

The tiger looked at me and slowly walked towards me. I chuckled when he let me pet his head.

"Very good, Nergal." I complimented him and the cat purred.

I looked at Enkidu who was silently standing beside me. He saw it all but there was no emotion in his eyes. I just shrugged my shoulders. He's always like this anyway. Magsasalita lang kapag tinatanong ko.

"What can you say about Nergal, Enkidu?" I said while petting my pet. "Isn't he a smart one?"

"Indeed, he is, Your Majesty." he answered. See? Kung hindi ko pa tinanong ay baka napanisan na sya ng laway.

"Really?" I looked at him. "How can you say so?"

"He knows who he needs to follow." Enkidu said. I raised an eyebrow at him to let him know that I need explanation. "He could easily tell who has the authority like you and your father. Kayo lang ang sinusunod nya."

I looked at Nergal again and the tiger began rubbing its head on my hand. I tried to tickle its neck and he looked like he's enjoying it.

"So he likes royalty, huh?" I just thought of something. "Will he be able to know who the EL Ordre's King is? Will Nergal let the enemy's King pet him?"

Well, that's what Enkidu had said. I didn't even know that father acknowledge Nergal but I noticed the tiger who's always snarling at my lower pieces. With Enkidu as well but not when I'm around.

"It is a possibility, Your Majesty." my Bishop answered me.

"Hmm..."

Umikot-ikot si Nergal sa paanan ko at doon naupo. He looked sleepy just like he always is after he finished eating his food. Maybe he was tired with playing with his prey at well.

I must give him a reward for entertaining me today.

"Your Majesty!"

I was surprised when someone entered the room. It was Ross, my Knight, who was looking excited when he saw me pero napatingin sya kay Nergal sa paanan ko. The tiger raised its head to look at the intruder, stared at him before going back to sleep. I chuckled when Ross heaved a deep sigh of relief.