Chapter 79

I walked away with a heavy feeling and with a hope that this plan would succeed. I really hope that the enemies will choose to follow me and they wouldn't be able to find Tracer.

He needs to live. He has a family. Gray needs him. He's the only one now who could trigger his emotions further since he's his brother. If he will succeed, then there's no need for anyone from the team to win this game. They might join force instead and kill the gamemaster.

The rain got into my eyes, blinding my way. Basang-basa na din ako but it didn't stop me when I started running. Nergal ran with me.

The ground was wet and it was so slippery that I had a hard time running. I almost tripped countless of times but I held my ground and keep on running.

Kailangan kong mailayo ang mga kalaban kay Tracer. I must ran as far as I can so they wouldn't be able to find him.

The direction where I'm running from was on the west of the end of the forest where we planned to meet the EL Ordre since this is the only way where I could take them away from Tracer. I don't know what's waiting for me here but I just keep on running.

I stopped to catch my breath and mend the wound on my arm. Masyado na kasing masakit at hindi ako makapag-focus sa pagtakbo.

I looked at my wound and grimaced when I saw it looking so horrible now. I decided to cut a cloth from the skirt of my dress and tie it on my wound so tight to stop the pain.

I looked back to where I came from, to where Tracer is. Malayo-layo na rin ang tinakbo ko so I guess that this distance will do.

I looked at my pet beside me who's quietly watching me.

"Are you ready, Nergal?" I asked like he could talk.

I loaded my gun, pointed it upwards and finally fired. It created a loud sound and I know that despite of the rain, anyone who's inside the forest could hear it.

If I got lucky, maybe the EL Ordre will hear it too.

Seven bullets.

I am so sure that I got the enemy's attention now.

I started running again, slipping and tripping on my way as I tried to run as fast as I can. I cursed and decided to remove my heels. Nakapaa na lang akong tumatakbo ngayon but it was still so hard dahil madulas talaga ang lupa.

Fuck! I am so sure that I looked so horrible right now! Wala na akong poise!

I could hear footsteps behind me. So many footsteps tried to ran after me. I'm sure that they were the enemies since their footsteps sounds like from someone who didn't undergo such training that we had in the organization.

I cursed when I heard a gunshot at naramdaman ko ang paglagpas ng bala sa gilid lang ng tenga ko. Mabilis akong nagtago sa likod ng punong nadaanan ko and Nergal did the same, hiding from the tree beside me.

They fired their guns against the tree where I'm hiding from. Lumuhod ako sa lupa dahil sa taas sila nagpapatama where my head is. Lumabas ako ng puno at pinaputukan ang dalawang kalaban na nakita ko. Nakita kong natamaan sila so I hide myself behind the tree again.

When I didn't hear anything, I decided to run again. Marami akong natatapakang mga bato at sanga ng puno that hurt my feet but I ignored the pain as it was nothing if I'll die in the end.

The rain was still blinding my sight so I wasn't able to see the roots that's on my way. I tripped and fell on the ground with a loud thud. Napatigil sa pagtakbo si Nergal at patakbong bumalik sa akin urging me to stand up.

"I know, I know." I said while I was trying to get up.

I cursed when I felt the pain on my foot. Mukhang nabalian pa yata ako nang sumabit ang paa ko sa ugat ng puno kanina. But that is not what's important right now. I have to get away since I've heard another footsteps again.