Chapter 78

I watched Enkidu, with Codee on his back, walk away from us. He was limping because of his injured leg but he's doing everything so that Codee wouldn't fell on the ground.

Thought that this might be the last time that I will see them crossed my mind. It made my chest hurts so bad. I don't want to think that something bad will happen to them, or to me. I still want to see them being safe.

Please... Let them be safe.

I looked back at Tracer who's been sitting on the ground. He looked so horrible with his wounds all over his body and a swollen knees. I know that his whole body was aching but we need to move if we want to live.

I took off my trench coat. Masyadong mabilis ang paghubad ko at nakalimutan ko na ang sugat ko sa balikat. I think that's the thing with adrenaline rush. If you sense that you're in danger, makakalimutan mo ang lahat at iisipin na iligtas na lang ang sarili.

My breathing hitched when the pain came back from my wound. I looked at it when I finally removed my coat off me. I winced when I saw how it looked so much worse now. Namamaga dahil sa paggamit ko ng pwersa sa pag-alalay kay Tracer kanina.

"Here." iniabot ko kay Tracer ang coat ko. He's only wearing a boxer shorts and it's our fault that we forgot to bring clothes for him.

Tracer looked at my coat before his gaze went up to me. Nakita kong napatingin din sya sa sugat ko. He was about to say something about my wound but I cut him off before he could say anything.

"Can you still move?" I asked. "We need to get out of here. Kahit hanggang sa gitna lang ng gubat."

Hindi pa rin kami nakakalayo and we could still see the hideout from here. And I'm certain that anytime now, the goons will be looking for us to take us back to the hideout. And if that happens, it will be the end for us.

Tracer nodded even if I know that he couldn't really move his body well. But it seems like he doesn't want to be a burden anymore. I chose to stay here with him so he must've thought that he should at least help me to save ourselves.

I helped him up. Nakita kong nalukot ang mukha nya sa sakit dahil sa pagtayo nya but he did his best not to let out any sound out of pain. I draped the coat over his shoulders before he put his arm over my shoulders and I wrapped an arm around his waist to give him support.

He was so heavy. Fuck... I've never carried something so heavy like this in my whole life. Enkidu will be always there to do it for me. But now, I'm the only one who can help Tracer kaya hindi na lang ako nagreklamo.

We went into the forest. Mabagal ang paglalakad namin dahil ramdam kong nasasaktan si Tracer sa bawat pagtapak nya. He couldn't move his knees without being in pain. Masyadong maga ang dalawang tuhod nya at mas lumalala pa dahil pwersahan nyang ginagamit iyon kahit masakit.

Nergal is following behind us. It was perfect as I can't really guard our back in this state. Nahihirapan na din ako dahil sa bigat ni Tracer.

I don't know how long we've been walking and what part of forest we are now. Pero ramdam ko sa pagod at pananakit ng sugat ko na malayo-layo na rin ang nararating namin. It's better than being near at the hideout.

It was so dark but we both have our training so it's easy for us to see in the dark. Ramdam ko ang lamig ng hangin at narinig ko ang pagkulog. A sign that a rain is coming.

"I really want to keep going..." Tracer said. He was panting and was drenched with sweat. "But my knees are giving up."

I quickly looked around to find where we could rest for a while. I was lucky to find a big tree with a big roots. The ground on it was elevated at pwede kaming makapagtago sa ilalim noon.