Chapter 85

This is the last chapter of Chess Pieces #5: Loki Von Amstel. Thank you for supporting Loki and Eresh's story. Hope you'll support the next book entitled Chess Pieces Endgame: Checkmate!

Next ud is the Epilogue.
----

I was standing in front of the closed door, contemplating if I should knock or what. I know that there's someone inside this room. And thinking that I will see her once I open this door made me wanna rethink of my decision.

But I must do this. This is also a part of moving on. I have to talk to her. 'Cause in the first place, naging dahilan din sya ng pagkasira ko.

"You sure about this?" Loki asked. He was beside me as I stared at the closed door. Nakita nya siguro ang pag-aalala sa mukha ko habang nakatitig ako doon.

I looked at him and smiled.

"Don't worry. Ishtar didn't undergo any training. Hindi nya ako masasaktan."

Loki nodded but there's still uncertainty in his eyes. I chuckled. Humarap ako sa kanya at niyakap sya sa bewang. He hugged me back.

"You've witnessed us fighting before, right? She can't do anything to me, my King. So stop worrying."

He sighed and kissed me on the forehead. Ipinatong nya ang baba nya sa tuktok ng ulo ko.

"I just don't want to get hurt again."

Natawa na lang ako. What could Ishtar do to me though? She couldn't even slapped me! Sya pa nga ang masasaktan ko!

Loki let go of me after I convinced him that he shouldn't worry about anything. I stared at the closed door again before I knocked. I took a deep breath and turned the doorknob before I opened the door.

I left Loki outside as I took a step in the room. I closed the door behind me.

I'm sure that Ishtar heard the knock and me entering the room but she didn't even looked at me. Nanatili lang syang nakaupo sa sofa na nakaharap sa bintana kaya nakatalikod sya sa akin ngayon.

Somehow, I remember myself in her. Back at the old EL Ordre's hideout. I was also like that, sitting on the sofa and not minding anyone who's going inside my room.

Nagkabaliktad na kami ngayon ng sitwasyon.

I wonder how she felt now? I mean, she's not like me. I was alone, I am used of being alone for my entire life. With only Pierre and Nergal on my side. But Ishtar... She's not used to it. She's been surrounded with people who loved her for all her life. Being alone like this was surely new to her. And she's been here ever since Aius found out about what she did.

I stopped in front of her, blocking her view of the window. She sighed in frustration and looked at me with anger in her eyes.

"Ano? Nagpunta ka dito para pagtawanan ako?"

"I want us to talk, Ishtar."

She laughed as if she's mocking me. "Talk? Alam nating hindi lang 'yan ang gusto mong gawin. You want to kill me, right? Then kill me! You're a murderer anyway!"

I didn't say anything and just look at her. There's anger in her eyes like she wanted to hurt me but she knew better than that. She knew that she doesn't have a chance against me when it comes to physical fight. So she's using words to me. Alam nyang mas masasaktan nya ako sa mga salita. Just like before.

"You are evil!" she spat at me. "Demonyo ka! Ang dami mong ginawang masama! You deserve everything that happened to you! Kulang pa nga ang mga 'yon!"

I just stared at her, still not saying anything.

"Nobody wants an evil witch like you! Walang nagmamahal sayo! While me? I got everything! Pero ikaw wala kasi demonyo ka!"