Chapter 16

I was staring outside the window while sitting at the end of the bed. This has been my usual routine every morning since I've got here in EL Ordre's hideout. I didn't want to go outside the room. I'm in the enemy's lair so I should just stay in this safe place.

Loki will always check on me once or twice a day just to ask me about their Rook. But my answer is still the same. That their Rook is dead and whenever I say that, Loki will have a grim expression on his face and will just walk out of the room.

Once, he did fucked me like he always do to make me do or say things that he wanted to hear. But this time, it's different. Kahit gaano pa ako mabitin ay hinding-hindi ko iyon sasabihin sa kanya.

This is our only ace. This is our only chance to win this game.

I heard a knock on the door so I'm sure that this is not Loki. He never knocks. He will just open the door and make his way inside.

So I looked at the door and waited for it to open. When it did, I saw the man on a hoodie jacket peek his head inside the room. He immediately saw me and smiled.

"Kakain na. Gusto mong sumabay?" he asked like he was just asking a friend to join them for breakfast.

I chuckled and crossed my legs before I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Don't you think that it'll be awkward for all of us?"

He thought for awhile before he shrugged his eyebrows. Nilakihan nya ang pagbukas sa pinto and he entered the room even without my permission. But he just stayed on the doorway and leaned his back on the wall beside the door. He put his hands inside the pockets of his pants.

I stared at him and did what I always do if I wanted to intimidate someone. I lifted my chin up and raised an eyebrow at him while he stared at me so hard that I noticed his hazel brown eyes.

He looked like he was solving a puzzle in front of him which was me. His eyebrows were slightly furrowed as he squinted his eyes. It was obvious that he's thinking really hard while looking at me.

My lips slowly formed a smirk. This one doesn't look so bad. In fact, I noticed that all of the EL Ordre's members were actually quite good-looking. Kaya mas nakakahinayang kung iisipin ko na kailangan ko silang patayin lahat.

"It'll be awkward, I'm sure." I heard the man said. "Pero mas maganda kung may kasabay kumain kaysa mag-isa, diba?"

I didn't make it obvious that I was surprised by his reason. I just remained my smirk on my lips and eyed him from head to toe.

He was the only one who invited me to join them for breakfast. I know that they always eats together to which I find it really odd. In Red Faction, I never ate with my chess pieces. I always eat alone. I am the Queen so why would I eat together with the pieces in the lower rank than me?

But I guess that EL Ordre and Red Faction were really different. Proof is that the secrecy on who belonged to the higher piece that they keep to their members. Kaya kahit ako ay nalinlang nila.

Fuck it. I always get mad at myself whenever I remembered how stupid I am.

"I don't want to eat with the people that I will soon kill." I said. He bit his lower lip to stop himself from chuckling but still failed in the end. Pinakawalan nya ang labi nya so it looked more reddish now.

"No wonder Alter calls you as the Mad Queen."

I remained silent and didn't say anything. I know about that. I knew about their nickname for me.

The Mad Queen.

I don't how or when it was started. I just heard Ross called me like that once. And from then on, I knew that they would always call me that way behind my back.