Chapter Thirty-Seven: King Endeavor

Riiiiiiiiiinnnnnggg

Riiiiiiiiiinnnnnggg...

Bakugou slowly opened his eyes, his vision hazy, even though he was only staring at the floor he collapsed on. His body was laying on the ground, his cloak draped over him like the hot sun on a summer's day, bringing all the heat and swelter that came with it. His muscles ached, his pores leaked with sweat, and his senses were all dulled.

What... just happened?

The Draconic prince pushed himself up with his elbows, grunting quietly from the sting of pain. He blinked rapidly as his vision became clearer. His body suddenly felt burning hot, his blonde hair sticking to his forehead with sweat. His aura surged back to life.

Gradually, he heard something. He squinted his eyes closed, and the sound echoed louder and louder. He couldn't recognize it.

The sound abruptly got louder, and he recognized it on the spot. He suddenly remembered where he was, what he was doing, what was done just before.

He whirled his body around, and his cloaked picked up from the burst of magic. In front of him was Midoriya and the fire crystal. Midoriya's bare hand was flat against the side of the crystal, but the rest of his body was trembling in pain. The swordsman screamed and cried into the empty space.

"Izuku!"

Bakugou instantly picked himself up and stumbled over to Midoriya, ignoring the heat that tried to push him away. Midoriya tried to bite his lip to hide the screams, but muffled whimpers still escaped, forcing more tears out of his squinted eyes.

He never thought it would hurt as much as this.

His whole body felt like fire was burning it away, destroying his skin, his nerves, everything inside him. Sweat covered his body, making it even hotter than it was before. His bones seemed to melt away, and his energy disappeared.

He only had his hand on there for five seconds.

"That's enough."

Another wave of magic boomed through, forcing Midoriya to back away from the crystal. His body immediately settled down, like the fire inside him was running out of fuel to consume. He tried to slow his breathing down, but his pants were too quick to be stopped easily.

The voice of the goddess rung in his head, bouncing around as wild as animals. "I admire your selflessness, young one, so I gave you a bit of my power. Don't worry, it's not enough to taint your blood, so when you give it up your body will not suffer any major consequences. And you will return it, like you promised, yes?"