Part 41

You tried to listen to your instincts and not completely ignore JK. You know it's not something you did, but rather something that made him worry or change his mind about this relationship thing. Instead of ignoring him completely or questioning his behaviour, you try little things, like asking him to pass you things or if he wants something. It seems to work, as he's not ignoring you. He smiles at the little interactions, but it doesn't reach his eyes.

After lunch, everyone hangs around the pool. You decide to avoid spending too much time around JK, knowing you won't be able to restrain yourself with the questions for too long.

Y/N: I'm gonna take Ben for a walk...anyone else wanna join?

You see his head perking up at the question and quickly dropping back down. That gives you little hope, it means he wasn't just playing with you, but still doesn't explain what happened. You sight and look away from him.

SUGA: I'll join you.

Everyone looks at him surprised.

JIMIN: You...are going for a walk...by your own choice? Instead of just laying down?

TAE: Hyung, are you feeling ok?

Everyone laughs and Suga just waves them away.

SUGA: Come on...ignore this little shits. Let's go!

You shrug and start walking, whistling to get Ben's attention. You knew something's up and that's why he joined you, but you didn't mind.

SUGA: Are you ok? He doesn't seem to completely ignore you anymore...

Y/N: Mhmm..I don't know...something's made him worry..he seems really sad... We didn't argue or fight, damn, we didn't even disagree on anything... so I know it's not related to me. But I have no idea...

SUGA: There's some news about an idol announcing he's gonna marry his expecting girlfriend that stirred some riot between the fans back home. It might be in his mind...

Y/N: Oh?

SUGA: It's quite bad...but Jungkook knows we'd have your back. And BH would protect you, they're not like the other company... I mean both of you.

You think about it for a while, but everything seems so complicated and it makes your head hurt. So you decide to change the subject for now, and try to talk to JK later.

Y/N: Anway...how come all of you wanted my number now?

SUGA: Sorry for that...we should've asked you but..

Y/N: Oh, no...I don't mind...I'd love to keep in touch with all of you...it was fun to know the people behind the stars...I think I like you guys even more now...you giggle and that makes him smile. I just didn't expect you guys to want that... you look down shyly.

SUGA: You're joking right? After all you've done for us? I think we'd take you back with us if we could...he looks away, a little embarrassed.

Y/N: Thanks...but I think that's called kidnapping.

SUGA: Yeah...well...we don't make a lot of friends, especially normal people...it's refreshing to talk to someone that doesn't boost about their carrier or want to talk about the latest show...I'd love to talk to you sometimes. And I'll always be a message away if you need someone to talk. Even if you and JK don't..

He sees the sad face and stops there, an apologetic look on his face.

SUGA: Sorry..

Y/N: Hmm...it's ok... thanks!

SUGA: I can try talk some sense into him if you want...

Y/N: I'll do it...I was thinking to try and talk to him later anyway... now that you gave me a possible reason I can try and figure it out..

You changed the subject and talked about the fact that they're holiday is almost over and they have to go back to their crazy lives. And he told you about his favourite places in Korea and that he'd love to take you there with the others if you ever visit.

When you came back, they were all playing football, so Suga joined the team with only 3 members. You sat down in the grass, happy to watch them having fun, while sneakingly taking photos and small video clips. Soon after Suga joined the other team, JK stepped out to grab a water bottle and came to sit next to you in the grass.

SUGA: Yaaaah, I only joined so it's a fair game!!

JK: It's ok...you guys suck anyway. We're still going to win, even if it's 3 vs 4.

Suga lets out an angry scoff but stops complaining knowing JK is probably right.

JK: Do you mind if I sit here? He asks sheepishly and you look up confused.

Y/N: What?

JK: Can I sit next to you? You nod, still watching him confused. You didn't know why he suddenly wants to be close to you or why his asking for permission. He sees your confusion and smiles his innocent bunny smile.

JK: I...uh...been an asshole...didn't know if you'd want me to sit next to you...

Y/N: A-About that...

He looks down at your words, avoiding eye contact, thinking how to tell you what he wants without telling you the reason behind it and avoiding making you hate him. He's worried face softens you and you reach your hand to squeeze his shoulder.

Y/N: Tell me what's bothering you..

JK: I...huh..I can't do this..

He tries to get up and leave, but you hold tight on his shoulder and he looks at you confused.

Y/N: I-It's ok...you don't have to talk about it if y-you don't want too..Y-you don't have to go....

He sees tears welling up in your eyes and drops back down in the grass. He wipes the tear that escaped and his hand lingers on your cheek, rubbing gently, until he realises what his doing and pulls away, clearing his throat.

JK: S-sorry..

An awkward silence downs on you and you're watching the game. After a few moments, he takes his phone out, scrolling through and then clears his throat again.

JK: I found this earlier when I was taking photos...

It's a photo of a little bunny, cuddled up in the grass, sleeping peacefully. He swipes and it's a video that shows the bunny in his hand, sniffing curiously and then cuddling to sleep again.

You giggle and he smiles, content that you're not upset anymore.

Y/N: Can I look at the other photos you took?

He nods and hands you his phone. You were scrolling through, complimenting his skills or asking where he took certain pictures.

JK: So, how was your walk with Suga?

Y/N: Hm? What do you mean?

JK: Was just...curious... He seems to like you a lot...

He's flexing his jaw and biting his lip and a sparkle of hope is born inside you. You bite your lip to stop the giggle.

Y/N: Mmm...we talked about going back to your crazy lives...and how he can't wait for the tour to finish so he can go to his favourite restaurant in Seoul.

JK: A-anything else?

Y/N: Hmm...He said to let him know if I ever come to Seoul and he's gonna take me on a tour of his favourite places.

JK: Oh...Let him know? How..

Y/N: They all saved my phone number...

JK: Oh...ok then.. (he mumbles, clearly unhappy that everyone has your number now).