Part 42

He gets up and join the game again. You were happy he's not avoiding you anymore but still had no idea what happened to bring his sudden change of heart. After the conversation you had, he start acting like a little brat, every time you asked him something he would answer rude or very smug, basically he was trying his best to be annoying, which only confused you more.

You skipped dinner with everyone else, as you didn't have any appetite. When everyone went to their rooms and YBF/N came in, you told her what you want to do and went to JK's door. You knock twice and open the door.

Y/N: Hey, it's me.....c-can we talk? He didn't say anything, not even turned to look at you. Please? Your voice trembled a little and his head snapped at you, checking your face.

JK: S-sure...come in..

You gulp, he sounds annoyed. You close the door and walk up to his bed, sitting on the edge, searching his face.

Y/N: Do..you want to tell me what all this is about?....Everything was normal at breakfast...and...now it's like you're not the same person...

Your voice trembles again and you're fighting back your tears. He looks at you for a second, his eyes sad and worried.

JK: I don't know what you mean..everything is fine...

Y/N: Fine? You avoided me all day...

JK: We just...we don't have to be together all the time...it's not like we're glued together...You were being too clingy and I...just needed some time for myself.

Y/N: Really? You scoff taking a few seconds to calm down.

Y/N: If this is about what happened to that idol recently... Suga said they have their ways to handle it...we don't even know we'd last that long...

JK: What if it's no one's fault and there's no hidden reason... It's just...I don't feel like this is working...

Y/N: If you don't want to talk to me fine, but don't lie to me Jungkook. We all know something's up. If you don't wanna talk to me that's fine, but at least talk to someone. Everyone's worried for you!

You sniff and storm out of the room, not wanting to let him see you cry. You go up to your library, not wanting to worry your friend, or worse, have her burst through his door and kick his ass.

You spent the night overthinking everything you did while finishing the painting you started earlier. You fell asleep on your paints, your body and mind exhausted from the day you had.

JUNGKOOK's POV

He felt bad using things that he knew are gonna make you suffer, but he knew it was the only way to make everything stop right there, for you to hate him so you don't suffer. If you hate him you won't be sad if by any chance he pops on TV or Radio or something. You'd just get angry and probably change the channel.

When he got downstairs for breakfast everyone welcomed him with smiles. He thought it's weird, but then they seem to get confused, keep looking at the stairs expectantly.

JIN: Where's Y/N? Did she go to change first?

JK: What? He looked at them confused.

TAE: Come on, we all know she spent the nights with you... YBF/N told us she went to your room last night..

That caught JK off guard. You were there, but didn't spent the night there. Guilt and worry gnawed at him.

JK: What do you mean? She didn't spend the night in our bedroom?!

YBF/N: She left to talk to you about yesterday...she didn't come back so I assumed you talked and she stayed there...

JK: We talked...but she left...

JIN: Then...where is she?

YBF/N tried to call you, but your phone was closed. She started pacing the room.

YBF/N: Her phone's dead. She turns angrily to Jungkook and grabs his shirt. What exactly did you say to her?!

JK: I..I...

SUGA: Don't bother with him...is there anywhere she'd go around here? He grabbed her hands gently and took her away from Jungkook, giving him one of his disappointed looks.

YBF/N: There's nothing around for miles. I don't think she'd leave...unless this asshole...

Jungkook backs away from her, but she stopped and calmed herself down, trying to think where you could be.

JK: Wh-What about the library...in the attic?

Her eyes open wide and she starts running upstairs. Everyone follows, except JK, but she's waving them off.

YBF/N: It's probably better to go by myself.

SUGA: So...wanna tell us what happen last night?

Jungkook just shrugs and storms outside. They're all speechless. They're maknae never shut them out like that before. Suga followed him outside. He sat down on the swing, just looking at Jungkook scratching his neck, looking down.

SUGA: Kook...you can talk to us..

JK: There's nothing to say, Hyung. He sounded more annoyed than he wanted, but he hoped that will take him off his back. It was hard enough to push you away, he didn't know how long he can keep this up if they keep questioning him.

SUGA: Jungkook...are you sure this...is what you want?

He couldn't answer...of course it wasn't. But it was better than hurting everyone later, the band, the company and most important, you... He could not be responsible for that.