24

I slowed down as we neared piles of energon reserves, cubed up to ridiculous heights. Weaving through them and keeping myself as alert as possible for any surprise camera or suppression fire, I felt the others close behind me. For once, Miko was quiet.

I stopped short as the decepticon came into view, frozen just like all the others, clinging to a lever, the very lever we most likely needed to pull. Megatron had gone to do exactly what we're trying to do now, to take control of his ship back.

Jack gasped from behind me and the others followed, shivering in the fear of seeing him. Even though he was obviously frozen, and couldn't even speak, his intimidation lingered. But I knew that intimidation well.

"The energon ejection valve can only be operated manually." Ratchet said, shocking Miko.
Megatron already had his hand on that manual valve, which means we'd be up close and personal.

Jack stepped beside me, "You thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Of course I am." I replied.

"Give me a boost."

He took the first step forward and I followed, kneeling to the ground and holding out my hands, he nodded to me before stepping onto my interlocked fingers. I tightened my jaw as my arms flexed, pushing up against his weight, he leapt up onto Megatron's leg and turned back to grab my hand. Grabbing onto it, I felt something for a second. Some kind of spike in my heart, feeling his smooth skin against mine. I pushed it aside and climbed up with him, pointing out places he could grab onto and the best route to get to the lever.

I glanced back at the two below us as the boy grunted, pushing himself up.

"Stay there," I ordered, "If anything happens, take cover behind the energon cubes and contact Ratchet. Understood?"

"Yes!" Raf called out.

"Who made her leader?" Miko muttered as I turned back around, making me hesitate in my next reach.

I shut my eyes. No one made me leader, and no one would pick me to be one either. Don't forget that, I told myself.

"I'm sorry." I spoke out, "I didn't mean to sound demanding."

Miko didn't speak again after that, and I stabilized myself beside Jack on Megatron's shoulder. He was leaning back, and if he somehow woke up suddenly he'd most likely fall. Jack hardly spared Megatron's face a glance, and slid down his arm to the control, pushing against his hand to try and get it to budge. I slid down after him, jumping over him and pushing my back against the lever, holding my breath as I shoved all my weight against it.

"It's not gonna go." I began, huffing.

"It has to!"

"There has to be another way-"

"I'm infested with alien life forms!"

My eyes bulged, and I quickly ran around Jack to look down at the two staring back at me, "He's spotted you! Run!"

Instead of using a stasis beam, thank god, the vessel decided to activate some kind of grabbing tool that probably was used to move the energon cubes, to try and capture Miko and Raf. The two took cover behind the energon cubes just like I told them, but I knew it wouldn't protect them for long.

"We have to think of something, and fast!" I stood, turning to Jack, "Any ideas?"

"Just one, really bad one."

I blinked. Bad one?

"Stay here!" His voice wrung out strongly, and my eyes widened as he leapt down from the lever, catching onto Megatron's knee and then dropping to the ground, rolling in his landing like he'd done this a million times before. Without a second to spare, he got the attention of the vessel and started leading it...