Six

Charlie's POV

I woke up bright and early and made some French crosones with some nutella chocolate inside.

I left the big batch to bake and started cleaning up our small cabin.
By 7:00 it was all clean and done and I had finished putting away the kids clothes in the small drawers.

The boys had been awake now and I send them to the bathroom for a hot bath before getting them ready for today
They had on matching Lee pants up to their knees and shirts.
Lukas wore dark blue while Lucion wore black.

They put on their sneakers and I helped them tie their shoelaces.

I also had done grocery shopping on our way here and a few treats for the boys and myself of course.
I opened my laptop and logged into my account I use in the office in case my PA send me some important paperwork I need to review before signing contracts.
I'd already contacted my construction company and they'll be stopping by today.

I put their favourite cereal in front of them along with milk and the cut up crosones I'd made.
I made them some warm chocolate cocoa when there was a knock to the door.

I frowned wiping my hands off with the table cloth.
The boys were busy talking about some things when I went to open the door.

I frowned seeing Drake holding up a dish that smelled like chocolate chip muffins.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. I really didn't have time for this.

"Good morning Charlie. I bought you guys some muffins for breakfast.
I went to check at the pack house in case you were having breakfast there but you weren't so here I am. Are the boys awake?" I nodded as I took the tray from him.

"Hey pups" he said with a wide grin and the boys looked to him. Lucion waved but Lukas just stared observantly before looking back to his food.

"Drake you need to leave..." I said and he sighs.

"I wanna spend time with my pups Charlie. Please...." I shook my head and shut the door.

"Papa can I have a muffin?" I no as I give them the muffins.

"Eat up. Today,we're going on your first hiking adventure with papa to see the great caves" they cheer and quickly finished their food.

"Eat slowly Lukas. Or you might get a tummy ache" I said sternly  he nods and eats slowly now.

Last night I thought about it a lot.
I'll give Drake the time to bond with his pups. But once that's done and the pack house is finished, we're outta here for good.

I pulled out my phone and called Caine.
It doesn't even ring for the second time when he picks up.

"Charlie?is everything ok?are you ok?are the boys ok?" He asks so many questions as I cut him off.

"Yes Caine. We're fine.
Do you have Drake's phone number?"

I surely hope I don't regret this