Twenty-seven

Charlie's POV

I shut the door quietly as the whole house erupts in silence.
I had just finished dealing with the matter at the office.

Everything is solved and Robert Banks will be taken to court.
His family has moved outve that house they lived in and the mansion is up for sale by my command.
I've already gotten a few offers from realtors agents and agencies wanting to buy the property with the land.

I've honestly profited more than what I'd lost.

Walking into the kitchen I see Roman baking some cookies.
"Hey babe" he says putting some cookies in the oven.

"Hey. What are you making?" I asked as he comes around taking off his mittens and pecked my lips.
I kissed him back and pulled away looking up into his eyes.

"Thank you. For watching the boys" he chuckled and kissed my cheek then my forehead, the tip of my nose and then pecked my lips.

"Don't be silly Charlie. I love them and I love spending time with them" awww so sweet.

Snap out of it Charlie!

Right.

"Thank you though" I don't finish my long speech cause my mate kisses my lips again this time to shut me up.

I pull away pouting as he kissed my neck. I hate how he has to lean down to kiss me.

"Its fine. Lukas did request I make him some choc chip cookies so after the thirteenth time,it worked. Finally worked" ah yes the boys new daddy pass plan.

I chuckled kissing his stubbled chin.
"I'm gonna take a shower. Be right back " I said,he nods and leans down pecking my lips before he let's me go.

I smiled and walked upstairs to take a shower.

I hear Roman talking downstairs as I descended the stairs fresh from the shower.

He was talking to someone on the phone and he sounded really angry.

"Just get it done. I don't fucking care what it takes..." He ends the call as he turns around seeing me sitting on the kitchen stool.

"What's wrong?" I asked with a frown.

"Its nothing" I only nod  as he quickly changed the subject.