Seven.

Charlie's POV

So here we are, bonding.

I had explained to the boys that Drake was their other father and my ex mate.
They don't yet know about the rejection but they do know Drake never knew about them cause I never told them.

We were getting our hiking gears ready to go rock climbing so we could see the crystals cave.
I always went there back in high school and I'd direct a torch to a giant crystal rock and those rocks had edges meeting other rocks from different parts of the cave that lit up the whole room.
It was absolutely magical.

The boys especially Lukas had Drake wrapped around their little finger and Drake would baby them which they absolutely liked. Like come on! I wanted to do that but they said not to.

Drake came back after I called him and I started telling the boys about their second father.
At first they were confused but Lucion just distracted his brother from asking too many questions especially on how they were made.

That was...embarrassing and haunting to think about how the boys came into existence. That night.....

I told the boys to pack whatever they wanted to take as snacks in their zip lock bags and a torch along with their phones to take pictures. Unlike Lucion who took his phone, Lukas took the canon camera I bought him for his fifth birthday.

He loved photography. Just like I did when I was about his age. I guess they got that from me.

For the rest of the morning, Drake and I never spoke that much.
I dressed the boys in  comfy clothes and our hiking ropes in case we needed it.

Drake did try apologising for every pain he'd caused that time but I just pushed him away and went to check on the boys.

From that time on, he hasn't talked me. He's been really good with the boys too.
Always by their side trying to get to know them.

"Daddy look" Lucion said pointing to a baby owl on the ground.
He cried a bit and I saw that he had injured his wing.

It was a snow owl, rare and small.

"Papa, you fix people right?you can fix him?" Lukas asks almost tearing up and I nod.

"Don't cry Lukas. I'm sure your father can fix him" Drake says hugging the tear stricken boy

"Of course I'll fix him. Drake? There's a first aid kit in your bag" Drake nods and takes off his hiking bag.
I packed a first aid kit,a few towels and change of clothes in case we went swimming or it rained.

I came prepared.

I knelt down in front of the owl and picked it up.
"Its ok little fella. I'm just going to fix you up" I said softly as Drake gave me the first aid kit. His hands brushing against mine felt warm but I just took the first aid and turned back to the injured bird.

I straightened up his wing hearing a soft snap from the bird's wing and he cries out.
"Papa stop!" Lukas cries more into his father's chest.

I knew some part of Drake was happy that his difficult pup was seeking comfort in him but another part was saddened because Lukas was upset.

I fed the bird a bit and saw 2 big owls coming down to the lower branches.
I picked the small white owl in my arms and it flaps its wing before flies to the tree with his parents I think.
The male owl lands on my hand and Lukas gasps while Lucion wows at me.

"Lukas take a picture" he nods wiping away his tear before he takes the picture.
The owl flies off again and the boys waved at it.

"Alright. Let's go" they nodded as Lukas comes and takes ahold of my hand.
Lucion holds Drakes hand in front and we kept walking down the trail.

We had to stop by occasionally because Lukas had a picture to take.

Upon reaching the crystal cave, we sat by and turned on the torch.
"Are you boys ready?" They don't respond which probably meant they nodded. I couldn't see either cause it was dark in here despite it being daylight outside.

"Papa I'm scared" I hear Lukas mutter.

I turned on the torch and directed it at the familiar big crystal as one by one the light ray shot from one crystal to another.

"Woah...." I hear Drake,Lucion and Lukas mutter at the same time making me chuckle.