Twenty-three

Charlie's POV

"Charlie?! Charlie! Wait!please! Just let me explain!" I stop walking as I turned back facing a bare chested fully tatooed Roman.
Lukas tucked in sleeping in my arms and Caine who carried Lucion back to the car following Bruce and Roman's men waiting patiently for their boss.

"What else are you hiding Roman?" I asked seriously.

"A few other things but you need to understand I'd never intentionally hurt you or the boys" he says in a broken voice I almost comfort him....but NO!

NO MORE SOFT CHARLIE!!

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked as he looks away running a hand through his shoulder length hair.

"Babe please. I was going to when the time came" he says softly not wanting to wake up the sleeping boy in my arms.

"You're a fucking bear shifter!and you think there's a certain time to tell me?!" I yelled as I see the pack members rushing inside.

"Please don't cuss with the boys around. I get it you're mad at me-" I cut him off with a humourless laugh.

"Mad?you think I'm mad? I am not mad! I'm pissed! Roman, freaking pissed!" He sighs.

"I'm sorry ok?I was gonna tell you when you were supposed to come on a date with me. But you kept refusing so I held back" I turned around to walk away again but he grabs my wrist.

"Please Charlie! Just don't shut me out" I turned back around as Lukas moves on my chest.

"What else are you hiding?" I asked calmly this time.

"Can we talk about this in a non public place?" I nodded as he followed me looking down like he was a five year old getting scolded for stealing a cookie.

No more words were exchanged as we both got in the SUV.
I passes him my suit coat and he put it on.

I didn't like the female pack members staring at his body.
What?its the mate bond.

The boys were asleep in the back as we bought them to the mansion we'd been occupying.

"Was Lukas hurt?" I shook my head hearing breath out a sigh.

"I don't know. Maybe the back of his head. I smelt his blood so yeah"

"Is he ok?" He asked looking back to where Lukas was sucking his thumb in his baby seat sleeping softly.

"Yeah. He has an anxiety disorder so the situations that he faced today will probably haunt him for some time before he's ok again"

"I'm sorry. I didn't know" he says in a guilty tone.

"Its not your fault. Thank you for saving our lives today" I said and I felt his stare on my face.

"You're not mad anymore?" He asks sounding hopeful.

"Oh I'm mad. Still pissed at you for hiding that from me"

"Can I make it up to you?"

"Hmm. Maybe"