²⁸

"can i make you something to eat?"

"im good, finn thanks." violet wraps herself in a blanket on his couch to hold in her warmth, taking a seat on the only thing that remained in the living room.

"do you want know what happened the other day?" finn comes in from the kitchen, taking a seat next to her.
"luna came into my room and asked if she could have that painting in her room in the new house."

"that one?" her face screws, the both of them staring at the black and white painting on the floor in front of them.
"we never told her about it, and its kind of tasteless for a five year old."

"i know." he whispers, looking over to her.
"we made the right choice, you know? having her."

"im thankful every day for her." violet sighs, meeting his stare.

the room grew quiet, a silence like nothing else; nothing that could possibly be described.
there was an elephant in the room and violet just couldn't look past it.

"when did you decide that you loved me again?"

he glances away to the floor beneath them.
"i dont think i ever really stopped? i didnt want to leave you violet, i thought it was something i had to do."

she doesnt respond, filled with guilt at the situation.

"but sitting in that hospital, i understood that i really couldnt get through anything without you. i just didnt think youd feel the same way."

violet chuckles gently, her arm wrapping around her leg up at her body.
"i had thought you moved on."

"i'll be honest, i wish i could have."

violets eyes shoot to him, unexpecting the answer that had been given.

"i tried to distract myself violet, but i always slept alone. i think you should know that."

violet nods gently, watching his eyes. she moves herself closer to him, feeling the pull that his body gave off. she doesnt kiss him, nor does he move an inch. but it was ever so close.

"i need you to tell me what you want, finn." she whispers.

"i want you."

she feels the goosebumps trail her skin, feeling the gentleness his hand brings to her cheek; holding the side of her face softly. it was enough for her to give in, but she couldn't until she had all of the answers.
"i cant keep just sleeping with you."

"its not about sleeping with you."

"then what is it then?"

"waking up with you." he sighs gently, she could feel his breath on her lips.
"i told you that i love you, violet; i meant it."

"you know that it'll be a lot more complicated to get back together than it used to be. lunas old enough now, she knows whats going on."

"im willing to go through it if you are."

she pushes the tension between them aside, her lips finding his in the dim living room light. it was a different feeling, and maybe it was in her head, but the way he had kissed her before was much different than that night. it felt like it used to, it felt like love.