⁵⁴

"goodnight los angeles! and as always, thank you for everything."

the arena went black one last time, the crowd rang out one last time. and in a moment, reality for finn was high above his head. fame, for the first time in his career, was comprehensive. a tangible emotion that slipped between his fingers and shattered at his feet.

at that very moment.

his eyes fall to the texture of the stage one last time, following his shoes back to where his family always stood with the support of him.

the charcoal strap of his guitar creates friction on the skin of his neck. eyes watching ayla beside him as her hand finds his, tears streaming down her smiling face. it was a bittersweet moment for all of them.

his mistakenly black eyes trail over to where violet stood, a sympathetic smile on her lips as she watches the sadness roll off of him. he approaches her softly, his arms outreached to hold onto her as soon as he could.

"im so proud of you." she whispers gently, pulling away to rest her hand on his ever so sad face. she notices the fogginess in his eyes, refusing to let go of what they held.
"are you okay?"

"yeah just, doesnt feel real i guess." his lips settle to a sincere smile, feeling the tug on her right arm from his daughter.

she hugs his leg, holding on as ayla approaches the two parents in a hug. there was a constant hum of noise for hours until they stepped into the tour bus for the last time.

silence evaporated the air and all was still, not wasting time for each one of them to fall into the night and retire to their beds. hoping to dream of another run with their band, or perhaps what was to come now that it was officially over.

quietly, finn sits to the common area. peacefully on the couch as the hum of the moving van vibrates at his feet.

violet slides open and close the bedroom door, finding finns stare as he focuses on the floor. in an instant, his eyes flicker over to her, a smile following.

"cant sleep?"

"no." calmly she settles next to him, his arm pulling her closer in comfort.

"me either."

"what now?" she looks over to him, a gentle kiss to her temple as he looks for a response.

"we have the rest of our lives head of us, vi."

"it was a lot to let go of tonight, are you sure youre doing okay?"

"you are the most beautiful girl ive ever met, violet. and i get to marry you in a few weeks. i let go of something but i have a lot more left."

a flutter in her stomach causes a smile to her lips, feeling a hint of hope for the future. there was so much to look forward to.

her hands reaches for his arm resting above her, pulling it between them as she holds it close to her warm body. his muscles relaxing under her touch.

"im proud of you, i hope you really understand that."

"i do." he whispers,
"thank you"

his eyes trail to the floor in front of them. he wasn't proud, he wasn't proud of the hell he had brought on people along the way of his career. he wasn't proud of losing all of his friends over a series of incidences. he wouldn't let her in on the thoughts that ate away at the cells of his brain.

"we should sleep" she silently interrupts him,
"you need it."

he nods quietly, knowing that his mind was deceiving his tired body.
"youre right. i'll meet you in there."

she stands, relieved that she didnt have to put up her tired front any longer. in the silence, he watches her walk away, knowing well that she would be long asleep before he reached her.

it hadn't ended how he expected it. there was no group celebration, no happiness or a moment of pride. even if there were it was nothing but a mere glimpse before it evaporated to the air.

the night passes before his eyes, creeping into the bunks at a near four in the morning to settle in for a few hours. luna awakes them eventually and as a frame to their sorrow, they spend the next day in the tour bus.

as the next night follows the headlights of the bus brings them right back to the parking lot they had started at. if violet hadnt known any better, she would have hardly thought they left at all. nevertheless for months.

"luna asleep?"

"yeah." violet pulls from the back window of finns jeep, making her way beside him to her own car.
"not surprised, its late"

finns eyes fix across the lot to his three lost friends, reflecting in the yellow street lights.

violet notices, a sigh to her lips.
"you should talk to them, clear the air."

"cant." he opens up the drivers side door,
"they dont want to hear it and even if they did, malcolm would never understand."

"you could always start with jack."

"violet-"

"its a good start."

"im not doing that."

"he hardly was in the wrong, finn."

he stares at her over the roof of her small vehicle, head shaking firmly as his hand runs through his hair. a wristband still to his pale arm.
"i'll meet you at home, vi."

she sighs, getting in her car and watching as he pulls out of the parking lot. her body stutters for a moment, wondering if perhaps it would be easier to get the ball rolling between the friend group.

but her counterpart kicks in from her shoulder, screaming in her ear to let it be. it was a battle finn had to fight on his own and for the first time in a while, she was willing to let him do it alone.

1001 wc

+i'll be honest i had to reread this book just to know where im at
+this series is ending very soon but the book will be finished of course
+apologies for the lack of updates im currently switching my major to writing so ive been doing lots of it outside this app :D
+have the best day ever thank u for everything as always