⁴⁵

violets feet stand firmly to the cement, walking herself along side of ayla across the road.

she could hear the waves louder than she ever had before, although she was a little bummed that her first time truly seeing the ocean was in the dark flooded night.

ayla stops centered of the vacant road with a sigh,
"dang it i forgot the blankets in the car" she turns back to get them ever so slowly,
"why dont you go ahead and find a spot for us, i'll meet you there."

"oh, alright." she shrugs off the darkness, turning back to the way she was headed on her own.

finn had asked for two things that night; for the moon, and for it to be just the two of them. ayla stays true to the request, giving them space for their moment.

violets quiet footsteps bring her to the narrow path creating a small valley between the sand dunes. a thin line of trees hang over in branches, pushed away with her hands to clear the path for herself.

her view broadens, eyes fluttering from the darkness the waves held to a string of yellow globe lights illuminating the night off to her left.

a gust of warm air rushes through her hair, dress flowing gently behind her as her eyes reflect the light. she leaves her sandals behind, pulling herself towards the glow without truly knowing what was going on.

it was still hard to see from the distance, the waves consuming the surrounding air to throw away the uncomfortable silence invading the earth. it was like nothing she had ever seen before, even in the dark.

her body freezes momentarily, feet away for an invisible path in the sand. strings of lights on either side bounce gently above in the wind, a variety of flower pedals at her feet. her eyes follow up the pathway to meet the last eyes she had expected that night.

he smiles ever so subtly, the yellow lights reflecting in his dark eyes. he stares to her, hands fiddling behind his back.

"finn?" violet makes her way softly to him, calling over the crash of the waves.

"hey, vi." his voice is quiet, taking in the awing image of her skin in the dim lights. the way her hair rested to her back softly in the wind, her smile feeling like home.

"what are you doing here? i thought you had a shoot."

"i, have something to ask you."

violets lips pull into a smile, feeling her hands consumed in his as he takes them. she had caught on rather quickly, but she had hoped that moment would last forever.

the silence invades them, consuming the gap between them as his eyes refuse to leave hers.

"you have changed my life, violet."

"finn-"

"i wake up every morning thankful to have somebody like you. every morning wondering how i was so lucky to have someone that makes everything else seem so unimportant, who is caring and, god youre so beautiful. im in love with you. ive never doubted for a second that i want to spend the rest of my life with you."

she stands quietly, stomach fluttering at the sweeping his thumbs traced to her hands. all she ever wanted to see was pooling besides her, and there she stood looking to him anyway.

her heart jumps to her throat, an expression unable to be read as finn spoke. the waves crash to the shore, moon reflecting on the water further out where it settled.

violets heartbeat drowns the silence, watching him kneel in front of her in the sand.

"violet, will you marry me?"

his voices wavers in uneasiness, drowning his nerves in every other thought possible. her face was unreadable, shocked and yet expressionless.

violets gentle eyes meet the depths of his, flickering to the ring centered in a box; sparkling against the solar powered lights.

the relief seeps from him as a smile forms to her lips, hands squeezing his tightly with a nod.
"yes."

"yeah?" he sighs in comfort, a smile in replace of all of the nerves plastered to his face moments ago.

as if caring for a wilted flower, he carefully places the ring to her finger. standing into the hug that she held him in.

their heartbeats radiated off each other in the excitement of the moment; the sound of the waves buffering their pulse.

finns fingers hold onto the fabric covering the small of her back, soft to the touch as it reflected the moonlight in pale blue. she holds to his face, kissing him deeply in hopes that he wouldnt let go as he promised not to.

"i love you so much violet." finns lips mumble, brushing hers gently at his words.

she smiles, taking in that very moment with every detail. she never wanted to forget, as this was something she'd want to relive.
"i love you, finn."

seeing the ocean didnt matter then, as the sound of the waves would be the reminder of that very moment for the rest of her life.

they stand in the hold of one another, silence bringing them together at the clash of their eyes. his forehead rests to hers, taking in how it felt to forget the chaos and hold her.
"ive wanted to marry you for a long time, violet."

"i cant wait to marry you."
she pulls from him, getting an opportunity to admire the work that had gone on around them. a smile permanently there for the night as she looks back to him.
"thank you, for all of this. its beautiful."

"im glad you like it, ayla helped with a lot."

"did ayla pick the night?" she gestures to the sky, the both of them taking in the foreign sight of the full moon. his head shakes gently as he studys her, wondering until that point if she had even noticed.

violets glance to him filled with love, an expression that she used as the only way she could express how attached to him she was.
"lets clean this up, and go home."

"ayla and james volunteered to clean up if we want to just get out of here."

"i'd like that."

1050 wc