⁵³

it had been years since violet had carried herself behind the band, up the crowded strip of people waiting eagerly to get their hands on her fiancé.

her life had always been in the public eye, lunas included. it was something they learned to forget about, something that the boarder between the us and canada helped with quite often. but she was reminded the moment she stepped foot out of the tour bus for the first time, just how desirable finn really was.

she walks behind the band, lunas hand in her dads as he kindly waves to the screams evaporating from the scratched throats of fans. violet adjusts the backpack straps of finns guitar case on her shoulders and watches closely to her familys every move between the body guards. since the day of the incident at the airport, violet had a hard time trusting strangers.

the heavy metal doors of the building muffle the screams instantly behind them. throwing the laminated pass around her neck, violet follows the rest down a hall until they agree to meet one another in the following minutes and break into their own dressing rooms.

violet huffs into the empty couch, luna doing the same as finn pulls his guitar from its case and tunes each string with a melancholy buzz.

"you look tired." he breaks the silence, still focusing his eyes down to his strings.

"we've been up late every night for the last three weeks."

he sighs to her mumble, setting his guitar down and taking a seat beside violet. his lips shed a smile, pulling her closer to wrap his arms around her waist.
"thank you for being here. i couldnt have made this tour without you."

she chuckles softly, her grip tightened around him at the feeling of home.
"i couldnt have stayed in vancouver without you."

the two feel the weight of their daughter on the other side of violet, she moves closer as her small arms wrap around her mom and rest to finns. taking in the hug as they both shift their arms around her.

violet was putting a lot on the line, but that moment reminded her that it didnt matter anymore.

she was with her family.

the tour was a week away from being over, four more stops on the queue of destinations just to let everything that finn had worked for to fall. and it was hard to part with for him. this had been his life for practically near a decade and despite the stress it had put him through, it was devastating to take in the end.

a gentle tap awakens the moment again, finn letting out a sigh as he pulls from them.

"come in."

jacks head peaks in, eyes settling to violet softly before he clears his throat and darts them back to finn.
"you ready to go? we only have about an hour for rehearsal."

"yeah man, i'll meet you out there in a minute." he stands, causing jacks eyes to shift upwards to look at him. finn had tried to let go as much of the anger he had towards jack as he could.

jack shuts the door behind them following a nod, finn grabbing the tuned guitar from the countertop and turning back to violet.

she stands, knowing well that she wouldnt see him until well after the show
"good luck, finn."

"i love you." he wraps his free hand to the small of her back momentarily, kissing her sweetly before turning to luna with the ruffling of her hair.
"see you after the show, love."

"good luck, daddy." she swats his hand away with a smile, watching as he walks out the heavy door once more.

from there it was a waiting game for them, violet was used to it by then. sometimes theyd hang out in the tour bus, sometimes theyd wait back stage or in the dressing rooms. but never on stage, never just below; not anymore.

the faint sounds of the band warming up spreads to the white splattered walls, filling the room in a hum of peace. feeling vacancy was a tune violet would fixate on by the simple pluck of the first base note. it didnt mean anything it used to, not the emptiness, not the hard truth of it. it was a reminder of what she meant, and despite having a kid with him, sometimes its what she needed.

"can we go watch after theyre done with the rehearsal, i promise i'll be good."

"luna" violet sighs, glancing down to her pleading face. it was a taking pull from the quiet pout on her lips.
"yeah i guess."

she jumps around, curly hair following like her shadow as she runs to wait by the door. for a moment, violet sighs to take a seat in finns dressing room chair.

from the back pocket of her jeans, she pulls a dirty lined piece of paper. creases worn through the ink scribbles on the page as she straightens it out on the countertop edge.

she often wondered if finn had started to write his vows already. although surely he hadnt with the downtime he hardly had. she had a lot of time to think through, to cross out and reevaluate exactly how she was supposed to express what he meant to her.

she wasnt a writer, and even worse she wasnt good at explaining her emotions. she was impulsive, and enclosed.

her pen touches the the texture of the paper momentarily before luna cuts off her beginning thoughts. approaching her in the hopes to maintain the promise.

"their music stopped, can we go?"

violet sighs down to the time across her phone, folding up the paper neatly and pairing it with the device to gently place it back to her pocket.

with a gentle nod, she leads her daughter across the black hardwood floors and to the equally black curtain hanging from the tall ceilings.

there the band stands, finns attention not even realizing the proximity of his family. eyes glancing to the floor as he adjusts the headphone piece to his ear.

and in a moment, as if violets mind was placed in a film, finn walks through the curtain to a mass of screams in a wave.

the others follow through except violet, who catches luna in her attempts to run out there with them. the little girl understood, eyes still wide eyed at her dad who greets the crowd in a loving voice.

and from the sidelines, they watch finn live out his dream one last time.

1100 wc

+ GOOD to be back
+ lets get this book doneee
+ draco malfoy blowing up on tiktok is something ive been WAITING FOR since middle school my god i love him so much goodbye