⁴⁴

"how are you feeling?"

"well, i threw up this morning so." finns stands in front of a floor length mirror placed in the corner of aylas bedroom. he tucks in his white dress shirt, smoothing it out down the buttons.

"look, everythings going to plan, she'll love it." ayla sits on her bed, legs crossed in her spring dress.

"until she comes to her senses and realizes that felix wasnt in the books for tonight."

"shes probably not even thinking about work-"

"shes always thinking about work." he wipes his sweaty hands to his pants, staring himself down in the mirror. suddenly unsure at the entirety of the plan.
"youre sure everything is set up down there?"

"i was just down there, it looks great i promise. would you relax? its going to go well."

"okay." he sighs, watching her through the mirror as she approaches behind him, arms crossed over herself.

"you look good, finn"

"thank you."

"and i want you to know that whatever happens, i'll always be right here."

his nerves break to a heavy sigh and a smile, putting his arms out to pull her from the shoulders in order to fully wrap his arms around her. she hugs him back, taking in the comfortable warmth and expensive smell that radiated from him. he was grateful every day to still have her.
"i love you, ayla. i mean it, youve always help me through everything; i owe you for this one."

"you helped me get to where i am today, we can call it even. i love you, and i cant wait to see the wedding." she gave off the warmest smile, the tranquility transferring to finn as he finally relaxes.

at the end of it all, even if violet were to turn away and leave him, he had experienced what it was like to forget everything he stood for and crumble at her feet. he knew what it was like to love someone enough to stay forever. and it all else fails, that was enough for him.

"okay well, you should get down there. i have to be over to your house in about a half an hour."

"yeah i guess i should" he glances around the safety of aylas bedroom, understand that either way his life would change drastically the moment he stepped out of it.
"thank you, again. for all of your help, you seem to know her better than i do sometimes."

"good luck, finn." they share a smile, her hand rested to his shoulder until it falls at his disappearance. he walks from the bedroom, ayla coming with terms that he would have a completely different life style the next time she saw him.

she brushes away the emotion tearing at her bones, fingers running through her manageably straight hair before she slips on her sandals, and walks from her front door.

ayla didnt feel as pressured as she should have, things were falling into place. she had called violet, told her she was going to be late in order to explain going to the beach with stars in the sky. the night was running on freedom, happy and still. and much like finn had expected, a full moon started to creep its way past the horizon. 

all she had to do was get violet in the car, and a minute and a half down the road without giving anything away.

"hey!" violet opens the passenger side door of aylas car, a light weighted baby blue dress following her motions; landing just to her mid-thigh as she buckled herself in.
"thanks again for coming with me. finns got some stupid photoshoot, i gotta tell felix to stop doing night photoshoots with the models; they dont sell as well."

"probably because you cant see them, right" ayla jokes, pulling from the driveway.

"id rather not see them."

"well, im happy to take you. i cant believe youve never been, i just figured that with california and now living so close."

"im always just too busy, california was either working or going to a bar. now its, with all of the moving and now having luna. they never let me go anywhere in the orphanage, and i didnt have a way to get there while living under the overpass so, here we are."

"is luna at mary and erics?"

"yeah, they asked if they could have her to make some stones or whatever for marys garden. i dont know but, it can be for whatever they want if that means i get a night of peace."

"nights with just james and i will definitely be something im going to miss."

"yeah take that in while it lasts, because even when you dont have the kid around you'll both be so busy. i miss finn, you know? i see him everyday but one of of us always rushing around to be somewhere other than together."

"you think its just part of settling?"

"oh, i know it is." she sighs,
"we just have busy lives but, it'd nice to take a breather. even if that meant get to eat lunch together or whatever it is."

"would you change anything if you could?" ayla pulls off to the side of the road, the beach hidden by a sand hill and some shrubs.

"yeah maybe," she speaks into the silence of the car.
"if i could go back i dont think i would have gotten that internship at the company in new york."

"youre ceo, how would you want to pass that up?"

"that jobs the whole reason why i spent the last three years on my own."

"you probably wouldnt have reconnected with finn without that job, with any of us for that matter."

"i know" violet sighs deeply,
"there a big part of me that wishes i would have moved on from my life in vancouver, the first time i mean. and, i love luna and finn, and i love having you guys in my life again. but the way to get to how happy i am now, i wouldnt relive that for anything."

the calmness that consumed ayla was disintegrated by a pit in her stomach. she wasnt sure what the outcome of that night would be, now more than ever.

1050 wc
i'll update again tonight pinky promise