³⁶

"violet, time to wake up my love."

her dark eyelashes flutter in the morning light, her body sunken comfortably in the mattress she had missed.

"you have work in an hour."

"how long have you been up?" she groans, eyes meeting finns as he leans over his side of the bed to her. a soft button down business shirt clinging to his arms in a light blue finish. his curly hair extra neatly put in place without imperfections.

"about an hour, ive got to meet up with felix today for quick headshots but i should be back by lunch. luna will be with the dance instructor until noon and the movers will be in and out to bring in the last of your things."

she smiles gently, her warm hand rested to his cheek in morning comfort.
"thank you for waking me up."

as always, she hated to be awaken by an alarm. he knew that and for as long as he could help it, she never would have to again.

he takes her hand, kissing it gently before letting it fall between them.
"i have to get going"

"you cant stay for a few more minutes?" she frowns, practically falling back to sleep by the touch of his fingers through her hair.

"i cant, i'll be late if i do." he kisses her forehead gently, bringing himself from the bed to the door. fulfilling the entire view of his casual business attire that violet went mad for.
"oh, i made you coffee its on the table downstairs. luna left some breakfast in the fridge for you from this morning."

she smiles, sitting up with the sheets clung to her body.
"have a good day, tell felix hi for me."

"you too, i'll be back soon."

she watches as he leaves, sighing with a fall back to the mattress as she takes the time to take in what was around her. her boxes were stacked to her bedside wall, but she seemed to disregard them. she was there, between his sheets without the dread of their actions the night before, or the dreadful feeling of having to go home afterwards. this was her home.

she gets herself ready for the morning, nothing out from the ordinary as it was what she did every day. violet heads downstairs for her breakfast, bringing it into the den where finn had offered to set up an officer for her.

it hadnt been touched yet, for it was one project at a time; but an empty desk in the center of an empty room would do just fine for her for now. as her kitchen counter had always been her work area, she had no instinct to complain.

the morning carries on, luna eventually barging her way to the den in a sweaty mess. her ponytail dangles in frizz behind her, her baby hairs curled and damp from her lesson.

she waits patiently for violet to get off the phone, silently picking at her nails as she knew better than to disturb a work call.

violet eventually hangs up, inviting luna over to her for a hug.
"how was dance?"

"good! i want to show you what i learned when daddy gets home." she smiles, squeezing violets arms in excitement.

"should be soon, do you want lunch?"

she nods, leading her way out the kitchen as violet follows. luna takes a seat at the small glass table in the corner, legs swinging as she patiently watches her mom dig through the fridge.

"where did dad even go?"

"uh, work." violet concentrates to find the expiration date on the yogurt in her hand, setting it aside with a spoon as she continues to look to the fridge.

"maybe hes singing songs."

"yeah maybe." she lies, setting out a sandwich and yogurt in front of her daughter; unwilling to get into the truth of the topic.

"i like when he sings."

"uh-huh" she puts the remaining food from the counter away, taking a bowl of cut fruit for herself and sitting down across from luna.

"how do you feel during dance, do you feel okay?"

"yeah i feel fine." lunas hand swats through the air, picking up her sandwich once more.

"sounds like youre learning new stuff."

"yeah robin, he teaches me a lot more than when i went to dance before."

violet nods, pulling her attention to the kitchen entrance at the sound of footsteps.

luna gasps, jumping down from her seat and running to him in excitement. finn picks her up, holding her tightly as she hugs him.

"gross, youre all sweaty." he sets her back down, a smile to his face as he leads her back to the table. tossing his keys to the kitchen counter, he sits at one of the remaining chairs with his family.

"movers already done?"

"yeah i paid them, they left about an hour ago."

"you didnt have to do that."

"sure i did. how was work?"

his eyes dart from luna back to violet in a shrug,
"its was alright, you know how those go. not very exiting."

"but soon, it'll be so good. im glad you've decided to do this, i think you're really going to like it."

"yeah, i think so too." he smiles gently, squeezing her hand only to get up and take care of lunas empty plate.
"lunes why dont you go get in the shower and maybe you and i can get started with decorating youre room."

luna agrees, making her way from the kitchen in the excitement of something shes been wanting for a while.

violet gets up with her, putting her dishes in the dishwasher as she settles against the counter near finn.

"you still havent told her about your job switch?"

"she loves the band, and the shows. thats been all shes known her entire life i just, i dont really know how."

"its not like theyre out of your life forever. she might be upset but she's young, she'll forget soon enough and you'll feel better about moving on."

"yeah maybe youre right."

"yes i am" she smiles.

"i will soon, i promise."

she hums in agreement, knowing that she would no longer push him to the decision as it was his own choice.

he kisses her, hardly staying long enough for her to really take it in before he pulls away to meet her eyes.
"i should go see where the movers put everything, try and sort through some stuff."

she nods in a sigh,
"i have to get back to work."

"i'll, see you later tonight then."

"yeah i guess so." she smiles in sympathy, watching as he pulls from her and makes his way from the kitchen.

if there was ever anything to regret, it was that she let running a company come between everything she had in that moment.

1183 wc
hi quick thank you to those of you that are so active in the comments and show your consistent love and support. im ur #1 fan thank you