²⁹

luna sits peacefully at finns island counter, feet swaying with a grilled cheese half eaten pushed aside. finn leans against the counter across from her, a gentle smile to his lip in the dim kitchen light.
"how was uncle jacks, lunes?"

"good." she shrugs,
"i wanted to stay another night at nanas but she said i had to go home."

"its not so bad being here with me, is it?"

"why is mom here?"

"shes going to stay for the rest of the weekend to help us move." his arm extends across the counter, squeezing her small hand gently that seemed to be swallowed in his own.
"that okay?"

"can she sleep with me?" a smile lights up her face.

"thats up to her, love." his thumb brushes her hand, pulling himself away to start packing up what little was left in the kitchen.

it was nearing eight oclock, with violet occupied in the shower finn was left in the quiet of the room with his daughter. her head rests to her hand as she contently watches her dad set things gently to boxes; her house denigrating as she knew it.

"daddy i want to go back to daycare."

"we'll talk once we get settled into the new house, okay? mom and i havent decided yet."

"i know you guys say im sick but i feel a lot better!"

"luna its much more complicated than that-"

lunas protests were cut off from violets presence. her soap scented skin trailing towards her family, wet hair clinging to her bare skin coated in her tank top.

"grilled cheese tonight, sweets?" violet squishes lunas face, kissing her cheek gently before she approaches finn.
"looks good."

"want me to make you one?"

"no im good, thanks." she smiles to him, keeping herself from holding onto him in front of their daughter.

"sure." his eyes meet hers, lingering deeply as he radiated the want of her.

"mom, dad says no about going back to miss nancys but how about dance? i havent been there in forever."

violets eyes tear away from finns and practically back to them as she looks to her daughter. a smile of pity traces her face.
"luna, you know the answer to that."

"time for bed, princess." finn takes the cold sandwich leftovers from the counter to the trash, trying to reason with her.

"but daddy" she pouts.

"go brush your teeth please."

"can you at least read me a book?" sadness sweeps to her face, staring to him with cloudy brown eyes.

"lunes of course i will, go brush your teeth and get your pajamas on baby i'll be in in a minute okay?" he seemed to melt at the near sight of his daughter upset, trying to reassure the only thing in his life that he felt needed reassuring.

the two parents watch as she sulks her way down the hall to the bathroom, a sigh escaping finns lips whens shes out of sight.
"i feel so bad, violet."

"she can handle a no every now and then." she approaches him, arms snaked around his waist as she stares up to him.

"shes a good kid, she doesnt deserve a no."

"have to keep her grounded somehow, baby."

his eyes meet the crest of he lips, silently thinking of all the things he could do to her. keeping himself stable at the remembrance of where he was and who was in the house with them.
"i guess."

she pulls him to her, hands rested gently to the tall of his back as she hears his heart beating from his chest. a calming presence washing over the two of them as they held each other in the emptiness of his kitchen.

"luna would like you to sleep with her tonight." his voice leaks out into vacancy.

"she gets all hot and sweaty in her sleep." she groans, looking up to him as he held her.
"guess you do too though."

"please" his eyes roll, smiling gently to her.
"i would love to have you stay with me but i cant tell her no again."

"i'll stay until she falls asleep." she kisses his lips gently, pulling away at the sound of their daughters footsteps back from the hallway.

her small figure approaches finn gently, arms extended towards him to pick her up. he kisses her cheek gently, brushing lunas hair neatly down her back to the soft texture of her pajama shirt.

"say goodnight to mom." he brings her over to her, violet kissing lunas forehead gently as she remains in finns arms.

"i'll brush my teeth and be in before dads done with your book, okay?"

her faces lights up,
"you'll sleep with me tonight?"

"where else?"

"we'll be in the room, mom." finn bounces luna gently, bringing her into the temporary walls of her bare room for one of the last times.

the story didnt last long, violet saying goodnight to finn as he left the two girls in the room to get some rest for that night. violet had intended on only staying until luna was asleep peacefully; but she had drifted off herself into the depths of the quiet hum flushed over the ill decorated room.

two in the morning appeared in what felt like seconds, for it seemed as if her eyes simply closed and opened to a new setting of night without an effort.

the kitchen light had been switched off, the house settled in silence as the living room ceiling fan was no longer spinning. she feels her way out of the bed quietly, pulling the blankets back up the side of the bed and left luna peacefully asleep on her own.

she approaches the darkness of the kitchen, bare feet to the cold marble flooring as her eyes catch the light pouring to the hall from his cracked bedroom door. a sweet melody quietly flowing to her ears as she approached.

she pushes the door open to find his back to her, facing his window as he hardly concentrates to his guitar.

violets body leans to the door frame, arms crossed as she takes in the familiar song she surely knew all to well.

his fingers sliding to the fret board sounded gentle, spreading tranquility to the room.

she smiles in memory of so long ago,
"with your feet in the air and your head on the ground."

his playing halts, turning in his chair to the sweet sound of violets voice,
"youre awake" he smiles.

"why are you?"

"dont sleep very well on my own." he props his guitar to the wall, standing to approach violet in the center of his room.
"the apartment feels creepy when im alone, sometimes i just fall used to the lack of sleep."

"what are you going to do in the new house?" she chuckles gently.

"kind of hoping i will have some company" his hands meet around her waist to her back, resting there.

"im sure you wont have a problem finding girls to stay."

he pulls her closer by her hips, his voice dropping to a mere whisper in her ear.
"i only want you."

goosebumps trail to her bare arms, pushing the fire in the pit of her stomach aside to give a tempting whisper wrapped in the same intimidation right back to him.
"im not moving in with you, finn wolfhard."

"i'll give you your own room." his lips graze hers as he speaks, feeling her warm breath against his own.

"no."

he smirks gently, his dark eyes finding hers.
"you'll come around."

her words seem to refrain from leaving, caught in her throat at the closeness of his presence and the influence his voice had on her.

"you better get to bed, finn. you have boxes to move tomorrow."

"we have boxes to move tomorrow."

1305 wc