Ch 23 - Darillium and the Scientist

THE AMAZING NEW COVER IS MADE BY @_daunicorn GO CHECK HER OUT

~

Darillium and the Scientist

"What are you doing here?" I sigh and cover my face.

"Why wouldn't I be here?" He says and I think he jumps up from the couch. "Wait, we did this before."

"What number are you?" I ask and open my eyes, but jump back in shock when I see he's standing right in front of me.

"Ooo, I remember this!" He grins. "Number one was your present Doctor, number two was Venice even though you won't see him again, so I'm number three."

"Future Doctor?"

"Yep!" He beams down at me. He suddenly picks me up and I scream.

"What the hell, Doctor?!" I try to wiggle out of his grasp but I don't move. He innocently sits down on the couch so I'm seated on his lap. I feel like a child being rocked by their parent. "Was that really worth it?"

"Eh," he shrugs and I roll my eyes.

"Is the only reason you came here was for us to cuddle on the couch?" I ask. "Because I'm not really complaining."

"Really?" He smirks and I roll my eyes again.

"But seriously, why are you here?" I ask.

"I want to go on a date with you," he shrugs and I groan.

"But I just did!" I complain.

"Yeah, with Doctor #1, not #3," he grins. "Now where do you want to go? I think I found an arcade the last time I was here..."

"How about we go on a trip in your TARDIS?" I suggest and he stiffens. "Or you can continue to teach me how to fly her?"

"Yeah, maybe not," he fidgets a bit.

"Why not?" I ask and sit up so I'm kind of straddling him.

"Oh, no reason," he avoids my gaze.

"Dude," I furrow my brow at him. "What's up?"

"Uh," he searches around as if an excuse could possibly be in the room. "The cleaners haven't come in yet..."

"Cleaners? Really?" I scoff and get off of him. "Is that your best excuse?"

"Haydie, stop-" he stands up and tries to reason, but I'm already walking away. He parked the TARDIS in the kitchen, seeing as Doctor #1 was parked in my bedroom. "Hayden-"

"Nope," I say and smirk. He's probably just over-exaggerating.

I open up the door using my key and pause when I see the inside. Yeah, maybe he wasn't over-exaggerating.

"Wh-what happened?" I ask in shock.

"Uh..."

The TARDIS completely changed. The console room's mystical look is replaced with metal and machine. The console hums and spins around like gears. Everything looks hard and cold. Not only did it physically change, but it's dirty. I mean a total mess. Random articles of clothing are piled on the railing, the stairs, the console, everywhere. It stank of dirt and alcohol, and I can tell the smell is coming from the various bottles of booze discarded on the floor. Paper bags from random fast food restaurants cover whatever empty space is left. There's also a random ferret sleeping on the railing chair, cuddling Matt the dragon.

I slowly turn around to look at the Doctor, who's standing at the doorway with a guilty expression.

"What... the hell?" I ask slowly. He stands there, dumbfounded.