Chapter 17. Scars

🖤
I'll be needing stitches
I'm tripping over myself
Aching begging you to come help
🖤

Gilbert Blythe is exhausted. He is restless and burned out. His internship in Dr. Ward's doctor's office has taken up all of his time in the past few weeks.

When Gilbert is not in the doctor's office to treat wounds and find out more about the variety of diseases, the rest of his time is spent studying.

While working and studying, his thoughts wandered to a certain person.

His heart, mind, and all his being was with her.

Since the Halloween party two weeks ago, which he attended disguised as a ghost, he has had no further contact with Anne.

That evening he wanted to be close to her, to feel her proximity, and to fill his heart that felt so empty in the weeks before.

Gilbert Blythe is in Charlottetown, but Anne Shirley Cuthbert has no idea.

Gilbert tried to find time to go to Anne, he tried to find the right time to tell her that his heart was crying out for her.

But how can you find time when you don't have one?

Gilbert thought of writing a text message to Anne, but the more he thought about it, the more he realized that it was too impersonal.

Gilbert Blythe is waiting to be able to open his heart, he is waiting to be able to reveal all the feelings that have accumulated in his heart for years.

He waits for the moment when timing is at his side.

Sometimes you have to wait until the timing is right, but only time can tell whether the wait will be worth it.

🖤🖤🖤

Charlie Sloane is unsure. He is unsure about keeping secret that Gilbert Blythe is not in Toronto but in Charlottetown. Only Charlie's girlfriend Jane Andrews found out by accident that Gilbert Blythe is in the same city as Anne and all of his friends.

There are secrets that are best shared with others before they hurt anyone, so Charlie decided to tell at least some of his friends about Gilbert's stay in Charlottetown, hoping that there were ways to unite two crying souls.

The Army - In The Name Of Love
aka Operation Shirbert

Charlie🤐
Hi Army🙋🏻‍♂️

Moody😒
Are we alive?🤔

Charlie🤐
Yes, we are!
I have to tell you something

Cole🎨
I knew it,
You're gay🌈

Charlie🤐
👀What? No!

Cole🎨
Are you sure?
My radar sensed
some vibes📡🌈

Charlie🤐
I'm sure 🤦🏻‍♂️

Jane🤯
@Cole
What are you talking about?

Cole🎨
@Jane
Haven't you seen him staring
at the ghost at the Halloween
party with whom Anne was
playing this strange question and answer game?

Bash👑
@Charlie
Ya're sure, sure?

Charlie🤐
Yes Bash, I'm sure🤦🏻‍♂️