Ch. 26. Till Death Do Us Part - Part I

🖤
I found a love
To carry more than just my secrets
To carry love, to carry children
Of our own
We are still kids, but we're so in love
Fightin' against all odds
I know we'll be alright this time
Darling, just hold my hand
Be your girl, you'll be my man
And I see my future in your eyes
🖤

Anne Shirley Cuthbert carries a secret with her.

It is a secret that one of her friends entrusted to her a few weeks ago, hoping that it would be safe with Anne.

Anne gave her friend her word to keep the secret to herself, to keep it in the dark until it is ready to float to the surface to be revealed in the light of the day.

It's a life-changing secret that came unexpectedly, about which Anne's friend didn't know if it was sunshine that would bring warmth, make her day shine in the brightest of colors, or if it was a dark cloud which hangs over her, lies over the light of the day and draws all the color from her life that was previously so colorful, so happy and beautiful.

In the past few weeks, Anne has been doing everything to be there for her friend. After all, her friend is always there for her, in a way that sisters are there for each other who encourage themselves, share their secrets with one another, their fears that creep into their dreams and turn them into nightmares.

It is wishes and dreams that they share with each other with an understanding that goes deeper than friendship, which consists of a soul relationship that was formed from two people of different blood and made them two sisters.

They are soul sisters whose souls are connected to each other and who love each other without judgment.

In the past few weeks, Anne has tried to bring the sun with her, because to see how her friend was drowning in the rain broke her heart.

Seeing how her friend was about to drown in the fear of the future, the feeling of despair and most of all the feeling of fear of the reaction of her boyfriend and her family made Anne feel everything her friend had to feel, because not so long ago she felt the same fear.

A fear that felt real for a while, but ended up being a false alarm.

However, it is not a false alarm for her friend. Her friend is pregnant and not only carries a new and growing life with her, but also a secret that soon should be none.

Secrets can have fatal consequences from wrong decisions.

There are choices in life that you sometimes have no control over, that are pushed upon you without asking. This day should be a day of many decisions.

A day full of decisions that would affect more than one person.

____

The early morning sunbeams made their way through fluffy clouds that adorned a blue sky that bathed in a picturesque image of warm colors this late spring day.

The azure sky shone behind clouds that framed the sun without touching it, not daring to cover its glowing core, from which the warmth settled in the air, flowing in a gentle breeze through the branches of the trees.

The warm spring wind, which was accompanied by the shining rays of the sun, made its way through the branches of the trees, whose bright green shimmering leaves danced rhythmically in the wind to the chirping sounds of the birds.

The sun's rays settled on a stone house on the outskirts of Avonlea, where it shone through the shutters of the house.

_____