Ch. 26. Till Death Do Us Part - Part II

A / N: If you haven't yet read the first part of the chapter, I recommend doing so before reading this part.

🖤
And with this love song to you
It's not a momentary phase
You are my life, I don't deserve you
But you love me just the same
And as the mirror says we're older
I want to look the other way
You are my life, my love, my only
And that's the one thing that won't change
🖤

The warm breath of the spring wind circulated in the air, rustling through the branches of the trees on which the leaves danced together in their brilliant colors.

The rays of the sun that adorned the glowing core, that make it appear complete, enveloped the city in its warm embrace.

They wandered over every house in the city, filling every corner with the warmth that was reflected that day in the hearts of some of the city's residents.

The light of the day fell in the windows of a church in which two people wanted to make a connection that day, which is based on trust and love, which is connected between two souls who have found their home in the other and now want to build a life together.

Two people whose hearts are made of gold and stardust, which shine for each other and who found each other in the darkness of a summer night two years ago should become one with each other on this day.

🖤🖤🖤

Moody Spurgeon paced nervously in the church room, waiting for the arrival of his best man Gilbert Blythe.

He was surrounded by his groomsmen Cole Mackenzie, Charlie Sloane, and Sam Morgan who were trying everything to calm Moody down, who was hyperventilating. 

"Where the fuck is Gilbert?... Gilbert, Gilbert!" Moody screamed across the room where he and his groomsmen had got ready for the ceremony. 

His heart was racing, raising up and down in his chest, while beads of sweat formed on his forehead that ran down his face, visualizing the nervousness he felt at that moment.

"Calm down Moodster. Gilbert is already on his way" Charlie, who is usually a quiet guy, tried to calm his friend down.

Moody just looked at Charlie shaking his head, not understanding why everyone could stay so calm while he was about to get crazy. 

"If Gilbert doesn't show up in the next five minutes, I'll make you my best man," Moody said to Cole, breathing heavily, as if someone had put his hand around his neck, which is tightened more and more.

There was a big grin on Cole's face.  He crossed his fingers, "Please don't show up, please don't show up" he whispered to himself with his eyes closed.

His face held a spark of hope that he could become the best man, but just as Cole was hoping a car pulled up the way to the church parking lot where the person sat who shattered his hope.

Together with Anne, Diana, Jerry, and Bash, who held Delly in his arms, Gilbert got out of the car.  He took Anne's hand and ran with her to the church entrance, where Moody's father, who would be holding the wedding ceremony that day, greeted the arriving guests. 

"Are we late?" Gilbert wanted to know from Mr. Spurgeon while shaking his hand with him in greeting.

The events of the morning made him forget the time and he felt bad not to have been there for his friend, who had just been hit by a wave of panic.

"No my son, don't worry. Moody is in the room down the hall, the second door on the left" he showed Gilbert the way to the room where Moody was.