Chapter 27. Comatose

🖤
Don't worry, darlin'
'Cause I'm here with you
Don't worry, darlin'
The sun will shine through
When you wake up and you don't know what day it is
When the pain flows through your heart and your bones
🖤

Gilbert Blythe hates hospitals. Even if he wants to be a doctor who may work in a hospital in the future, he hates the atmosphere of the cold corridors.

The sterile scent that flies through the hallways settles in the noses of people who fear for the people they love makes him shiver every time.

But now he was back in a hospital, sitting in a cold corridor, trying to comprehend what had happened.

He sat there all alone, speechless as his mind screamed.

Screams filled his thoughts that were circulating in his head.

Screams of fear and uncertainty about Anne's health.

Not knowing what was wrong with Anne, he had only one wish.

"Please don't leave me, sweetie" he whispered into the cold air that enveloped the corridor, putting a feeling of coldness over his skin that could be felt in each of his bones.

The scent of sterility, coupled with an undertone of bleach, spread throughout the hospital and made him sick.

The mix, reminiscent of the feeling of fear and worry, envelops every corner of the corridors.

The glaring lights hanging from the polystyrene tiles on the ceiling were too bright to look at, as they flickered in a cold shade of white that ran through every vein, arousing goosebumps that were produced from the shadow that lay over him while he was worried about the life of the person he loves.

His eyes, in which tears formed, which escaped from there uncontrollably blinked repeatedly, unable to bear the glare of the lights.

All the feelings he knew only too well were back in an instant.

He hates the Avonlea Medical Center, the place where he has spent countless hours of his life in fear.

It is the place where he found his father's eyes for the last time, where he felt the last touch of his weak hand, which was plagued by pain.

The hospital is the place where he has the worst memories, memories that still hurt today, that will never let go and keep rippling waves that are painful.

He was back to where he last held his father's hand, which slipped from his fingers five years ago on a cold winter day to let go of his hand forever.

That day in May, he was back at the place he associates with fear and pain, a pain that was on the way back.

Gilbert has felt a lot of pain over the past few years, but the pain that now hit him in the form of a powerful wave was a pain that was not comparable to any previously felt pain.

Gilbert was worried about her.

He was worried about the love of his life.

🖤🖤🖤

Anne Shirley Cuthbert has lost consciousness.

She was unconscious and unresponsive when paramedics pushed her out of the ambulance on a stretcher on the way to the Avonlea Medical Center emergency room.

The color on her face had faded and was replaced by paleness. Her chest slowly rose and fell, while her breath was weak and barely felt.