36 call

"UNNNIIIEEEEE!!!!!" the young visitor shouted from a distance.

We three turned around just to see a smiling visitor with her friends.

"SOMIII!!!" Seulgi unnie ran towards Somi from Irene unnie's embrace but Irene unnie understood.

I mean when was the last time we saw them??? Was it a year ago...? Damn, I can't even remember...

"When did you arrive?" I decided to ask, walking towards them with Irene unnie beside me.

"Just a minute before Seulgi unnie took a step to the doorstep." She eye smiled. She has upgraded so much, I don't even think I would've recognized her if it wasn't for Seulgi unnie..

"You have grown so muchh!!" Irene unnie decided to speak up. We were both dumbfounded since Seulgi and Somi had some collaborations not so long ago.

"Unnniieeeee!!!!" someone else spoke not so loud behind Somi.

Omg. Is that..?

"Taee?!!" Irene unnie's face brightened up.

We greeted the members of IOI as they went in my cabin. Since these guys decided to come early too.

"Taee!!!" Seulgi unnie called as soon IOI went inside.

"Unnie!!" The lad cheered excitedly as he walked towards the woman.

People kept arriving one after another. I did not expect to have a lot of guests for this surprise.

~ringringg~

'The number you dialed is not available at the moment. Please try again later.'

We are currently waiting for the birthday celebrant and indeed I am trying to call Jisoo unnie, but unfortunately no one is answering.

I feel a knot tangle up inside my stomach. I feel like throwing up because of these worries I am feeling. I looked around for Irene unnie and there she was, standing with other guests, trying to entertain them because the birthday celebrant has not arrived yet and they are looking for her.

There is nothing to be excused about since we have been waiting for an hour now. I tapped Irene unnie on her shouder as I pull her away from the guests.

"Lisa, where are they?" Irene unnie asked, referring to Jisoo unnie and Jennie unnie.

She looked really stress as she has been trying to entertain the guests for about an hour now.

When suddenly...

~ringgringg~

My phone rang and I, without hesitation, answered the phone call and before I can say anything, my jaw dropped at what the caller said. I felt more knots tangling up inside my stomach and the food I just digested earlier climbing up to my throat ready to be puked.

My phone dropped and I snapped to reality. I felt the world turn upside down. In so much shock, I had to cover my mouth with both of my hands. I felt my cheeks hot and I hadn't realized I am already crying.

I turned my blurry gaze to Irene unnie and saw how worried she was.

"W-What happened....?" She looked at me as she was already crying in worry.

I just hugged her tight and continued crying.

I know what I had to do.

I let go of her arms and I whispered to her ear.

"Unnie, you know what to do, I have to go somewhere... I am sorry unnie but please take care of the place and the surprise..." I begged her.

She nodded in response but before I could leave, she grabbed my wrist and whispered to my ear.

"You have to tell me as soon as possible... please... remember I am here... we are here for you..." It pains me that I am leaving them without telling them why. Something happened, but I don't want to believe it, it was supposed to be a good day. But I guess, I have to see it for myself.

I hurried to grab my things and went to my car to the airport. My heart ached and my head spinning like crazy. I wanted to stop the pain, but all I could here is my heartbeat and my thoughts scurrying over the place.

I was not able to stop my tears, the words the caller have recited just kept repeating in my head and I could not stop imagining the scene. I certainly would not be able to handle the pain once I confirm and see it through.

I felt those words stab me from everywhere of my body.

I just could not bear to imagine it.

'Lisa unnie... come back quickly... she collapsed on the floor and she is in the hospital now... quick please...'

After hearing those words, I knew from then who she was referring to...

And because of that, I felt my heart shatter to pieces.

This can not be possibly happening...