Chapter 19

It was the day the entire world was waiting for. News headlines had covered this night, celebrities were already in the building. Every superstar and staff member bustled around the arena putting the final touches on everything as we all waited in anticipation. This was it. Make or break time. Only one "Queen" could prevail. And Nicole McMahon intended to do just that. She intended to prevail.

The Arena
5:54 PM
[Doors Open In Less Then 2 Hours]

Brock and I walked into the arena quietly. We both had a lot to focus on. Even though a win was almost guaranteed for him Hunter still wasn't an easy opponent. Neither was my mother. Although she wasn't an actual wrestler I knew she had started training for this match the minute she found out. And as dysfunctional as her team was there was no denying the talent that she had to face tonight. But she couldn't lose. Losing wasn't an option. Everyone knew that.
"Nicole?!" Kevin screamed as he walked up to me with Ricochet walking quickly behind him.
"Oh so now your gonna go tattle to the boss like a child?!" Ricochet mocked as he caught up to us.
"McMahon!" Sasha Banks yelled as she walked up to her, "there you are. Finally." She said.
And before I knew it there were multiple superstars screaming around her and Brock and she was in no mood.
"All of you SHUT THE HELL UP!" I screamed as everyone quickly quieted there voices and looked at me.
"Kevin to be honest this problem sounds like a production issue so if it concerns you so much why don't you take it up with them." I said as he muttered something under his breath but walked off anyway.
"And you." I said as I pointed to Ricochet, "you need to focus on your match tonight. All of you do. So whatever problems you have take it up with someone else. I have other things to do then worry about other people being upset over special entrances and ring attire. Tonight means way more then a flashy entrance. So unless you want this place to go back to how it was ran before with my mother I suggest you all fuck off and leave me alone to focus on winning." I said as pushed through the crowd and I walked away with Brock right behind me.
"Someone's in a bad mood today?" He asked blankly.
"I'm not gonna deal with bullshit like that. I need to focus." I said bluntly.
"You're going to win."
"My mother isn't an easy win and Stephanie McMahon always has a trick up her sleeve."
"Nicole McMahon never backs down." He said as he stopped me.
"I know I don't. But nobody understands the amount of pressure this is. I won't let this company run itself into the ground because of those people." I said as I shook my head.
"Those people are your family which means you know how they think. Use that." He said as I gave me a nod and walked away.
"Thanks Beast." I shouted down the hall as I made my way to my locker room.
But as I opened the door I realized it was already occupied.
"You girls do realize that the name on the door reads Nicki McMahon right?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.
"Oh we saw." Tessa said as she smiled.
"We just didn't care." Ashley added on.
"Thanks." I said as I rolled my eyes and shut the door.
"What's the line up for tonight?" Ashley asked as I sat down on the couch next to them.
"Sasha versus Ember will open the show. Brock versus Hunter will go second." I said.
"Why second?" Tessa asked confused, "I'd think you'd want them to be the last match before ours."
"In normal circumstances I would but considering Stephanie will probably go out with Hunter. If she does go out tonight I need to be ready to accompany Brock out. This way I'll be able to get my makeup and hair done after I go out." I said as I checked my phone for updates from The Shield.
"Why do you keep checking your phone?" Tessa asked suspiciously.
"Let's just say I made friends with some dogs recently." I said with a smirk.
"You're kidding Nicole." Ashley said in disbelief as she shook her head.
"Of course she's kidding Ash because dogs can't talk." Tessa said matter of factly.
"No shit really." I mocked back as I chuckled.
"They're hounds Nicole. Hounds that work for your mother and should not be trusted. They have no loyalty and the fact they decided to form an alliance with you should prove that." Ashley said.
"I know what I'm doing." I argued as my phone beeped.