Chapter 40

"If I could have everybody's attention I'd like to make an announcement." Brock said as he stood up from the table.
"What are you doing?" I whispered as he turned to me.
"Just trust me." He said as I slowly nodded.
"Meeting Nicole has by far been one of the best things to happen to me in my life. I had given up on the idea of ever finding anyone else to share my life with and although I never would've imagined it would go like this I wouldn't trade it for the world. I'm lucky enough to say that I've been by her side through everything. Through all the trials and tribulations she has had to face and although sometimes painful and heartbreaking all of those things have proven to not only me but everybody else that she is a strong woman. She is the kind of woman I'm so grateful that my kids have in their lives so that they can look up to her and see what perseverance and strength truly is. I think it's fair to say there's not many people let alone women who will stand up to me and not take my bullshit."
"Amen to that." Paul said.
"Shut up Heyman." Brock said as he laughed. "There isn't many people that take my shit, but from the start Nicole let me know that she wasn't going to be one to let me get away with anything. I guess that's why I became so drawn to her. Ever since I began working in the WWE I thought I hated you all and vise versa." Brock said as everyone began to laugh. "But I learned that no matter what family is everything to you guys. That the ones you love are the ones you defend with everything in you and I can only hope to instill in my kids those same exact morals. As much as I hate to admit it I've gained not only roommates," He said as he rolled his eyes, "but friends as well. To be accepted into your family is an honor and it's an honor I'm so humbled to be able to have. So in saying that Nicole would you please stand up for me." He asked as I looked at him confused.
"Okay?" I questioned as I stood up.
"You gave my boys a home. You gave them a family. You treat them as if they were your own and I could never repay you for that. I wouldn't even know where to begin, but I do know one thing. I want to try this out for real. No fake weddings. No fake relationship for publicity. I want a real shot at this." He said as I looked at him with a smile.
"What are you saying?" I asked as tears clouded my vision.
"I'm saying," Brock began as he got down on one knee and pulled out a diamond ring as the whole table erupted in gasps and low cheers, "Nicole Angelica McMahon will you marry me?" He said as a tear slipped down my cheek.
"Say yes!" Duke pleaded.
"Say it!" Turk added on.
"Yeah say it!" Dean urged as everyone laughed.
"Yes." I said softly as he slipped the ring on my finger and I grabbed his face and connected our lips while cheers filled the room.
"We're trying this for real?" I questioned as we slowly broke apart.
"Yes."
"It's not really normal to date while married." I jokingly pointed out.
"When did we ever do things normal?" He asked with a smile.

————————————-

Liked by @KimKardashion and 1

Liked by @KimKardashion and 1.4 million others

@nickiminaj: Beauty & The Beast 💍❤️