Herbology

(Y/n) P.O.V

Everyone has now arrived so we all started putting on the khaki coloured overalls and gloves then made our way into the green house. there was a bunch of pots and plants everywhere except where we stand. We all gathered around the table in the room I just so happened to be in front of Draco and of course Lucy next to me. 

The professor then walked in, everyone was talking to the person next to them and didn't notice the professor trying to get our attention. "Wel-" she then started to tap on a pot to get their attention.

"Welcome to Greenhouse Three, Second years. Today we will be re-potting Mandrakes. Now, who here can tell me the properties of the Mandrake?" The only hands in the air was me and Hermione's.

"Would you like to tell us (Y/n)." Hermione turned to look at me and put her thumbs up with a smirk on her face, as if she was telling me 'blow them away' "Mandrake, or Mandragora, is used to return those who have been transfigured to their original state. It's also quite dangerous. The Mandrake's cry is fatal to anyone who hears it."

Hermione was looking at me with a proud smirk which I soon returned. "Excellent. Ten points to Gryffindor." Professor Sprout says, most of the Slytherins glared at the Gryffindors.

"As our Mandrakes are only seedlings, their cries wont kill you yet. However, they will knock you out for several hours. That is why I have provided each of you with a pair of earmuffs. If you would then."

Everyone reached for a pair or earmuffs at the same time Lucy managed to get me a pair as well, once they were all on Professor Sprout proceeded to talk "Now grasp your Mandrake firmly and pull-" the rest of her words were cut off by the cry of the Mandrake.

I was quick to cover my ears even though they had the earmuffs on it sounded like they weren't on, my head started to ring and my vision was getting blurry. Professor Sprout put the seedling in a new pot and covered it with soil the crying then stopped.

Then there was a thump next to me, it was Neville, he was on the floor but he had his earmuffs on "Hm. Looks as though Mr.Longbottom neglected his earmuffs." She shook her head but then Seamus spoke up. "No ma'am, I think he just fainted."

"Well, just leave him there-" Lucy cut the Professor off "Sorry Professor but (Y/n) doesn't look to good." She sounded very worried, once that was said Harry quickly rushed over to me and all my friends, I'm pretty sure I also saw Draco leaning closer to us... he looked worried?

"Oh my how could I forget!" He quickly ran out of the room we were in but came back quickly with.. another pair of earmuffs "these ones were for you, Dumbledore have them to me said you missy wear these." She smiled and handed them to me.

"Uh thanks." I swap the earmuffs, "Have some water." Harry hands me a cup "Now everyone earmuffs on tight and give it a try, there are pots in front of you."

Everyone walked closer to their pots and grasped their Mandrakes. "Now tightly grasp your Mandrake and pull up." Everyone got them out in one try, the room was filled with their cries, the earmuffs didn't block it out perfectly but as long as we get this done quickly I should be fine.

I grabbed the other pot and sat the Mandrake in there careful and started filling it with soil as fast as lightning. Once I finished I looked up to see a lot of people were still holding theirs or just starting to put the soil in.

This is going to be a long painful time, Lucy and Harry quickly finished cause they saw I wasn't looking to good again, luckily they did cause I lost my balance thankfully Harry caught me before I hit the ground.

He lifted me up and swung my arm around his shoulder Lucy did the same for my other arm. When I looked up I made direct eye contact with Draco his face was full of horror and cause of that he wasn't paying any attention to his Mandrake in his hand that he was playing with, he left his finger in front of its face and it bit down onto his finger.