The chamber of secrets

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

We were sitting in Professor McGonagall's class, I decided to sit next to my brother today cause he wanted to talk to me about 'the voice' seeing as I'm the only one that can understand him.

We had to bring our pets in for today's lesson so I had (O/n) (that means Owls Name, cause I know a lot of you guys picked your own names, btw they are awesome.) sitting in front of me.

"Today we will be turning animals into water goblets. Like so." She then turned to the bird next to her and continued "1, 2, 3, Vera Verto." She said tapping her wand three times on the bird's shoulder then it changed into a beautiful water goblet.

"Now, who would like to go first?" She asked Hermione and I shot our hands up "Give it a shot then Miss Potter." She smiles at me, I took out my wand and took a deep breath. "Vera Verto." I said as I tapped my wand on (O/n) I watched as she turned into the most magnificent water goblet I have ever seen. (Picture will be shown below at the end.)

"Excellent job Miss Potter." She said when the clapping stopped. She then told Ron to have a go he looked reluctant at the start but then took a deep breath and counted to 3 then tried to turn his rat into a water goblet... I mean it was a goblet but it still had his rats fur and tail. Everyone started to laugh a little.

"That wand needs replacing, Mr. Weasley." Professor Mcgonagall said. Hermione raised her hand and once the professor called on her she asked "I was wondering if you can tell us about The Chamber of Secrets, professor?"

She looked at the class and saw we all wanted to know after she took a deep breath she began to speak. "Very well. You all know, of course, that Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago by the four greatest witches and wizards of the ages: Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin. Three of the founders co-existed quite harmoniously. One did not."

"Three guesses who?" Ron said loud enough for us to hear we all giggled a bit "Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts. He believed that magical learning should be kept within all-magic families. In other word, Purebloods. Unable to sway the others, he decided to leave the school. According to the legend, Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle, known as the Chamber of Secrets. Shortly before departing, he sealed it until that time when his own true heir returned to the school. The heir alone would be able to open the Chamber of Secrets and unleash the horror within, and by so doing, purge the school of all those who, in Slytherin's view, were unworthy to study magic."

"Muggle-Borns" I wont lie I did zone out that entire time she was talking about the chamber not cause I didn't care, I do, it's just I already knew about this my parents told me all I needed to know before coming to Hogwarts, that's why I'm at the top of all my classes.

"Yes. Naturally the school has been searched many times for such a chamber. It has never been found." She responded trying to not scare us but I had to speak up.

"No one was able to find the chamber cause they weren't the Heir to Slytherin, it only opens up for the true Heir." I said as I was patting my owl. Hermione then asked a question before the professor could say something about my comment.

"Professor, what exactly does the legend tell us lies within the chamber?" She looked over at Hermione and spoke "The chamber is said to be home to something which the heir of Slytherin alone can control. It is said to be home... to a monster." Ok ok not all Basilisk are monsters.

Class has ended we were all walking in the hall ways discussing about the chamber. "Do you think it's true? Do you think there really is a Chamber of Secrets?" Ron asked "Of course there is!... d-didn't you see all the professors are worried." Hermione agreed with me.

"But if there really is a Chamber of Secrets, and it's really been opened, that means..." Harry trailed off "The Heir of Slytherin has returned to Hogwarts." I finished off what he was saying. "The question is. Who could it be?" Hermione asked "Let's think. Who do we know who thinks Muggle-borns are scum." Ron mockingly questioned as Draco walked passed us.

As he hit into Ron's shoulder knocking him closer to me he turned back glaring at Ron then looked at me and walked away faster. "If your talking about Malfoy-" Hermione got cut off. "Of course you heard him. You'll be next Mudbloods." Ron replied "I heard him but Malfoy the heir of Slytherin?"

"Maybe Ron's right Hermione, I mean look at his family they've all been in Slytherin for centuries"

"Grabe and Goyle must know maybe we can trick them into telling."

"Even they aren't that dumb, there might be another way, mind you it might be difficult and not to mention we will be breaking about 50 school rules. And it will be dangerous very dangerous."

With that Hermione dragged us to the library to look for the book with the ingredients and steps for a polyjuice potion. I just zoned out the entire time while they we're talking, I already knew Hermione would make the boys focused on getting a piece of the person they are turning into, like hair, while Hermione and I have to make this potion. I made it last time with my father.

Harry was worried about what could happen as the potion takes a month to make and be ready to use. Hermione and I decided to stay in the library for a bit longer to read more about the potion.

"Hermione I should tell you..." she looked at me confused "tell me what?" She asked, I turned to her and scooted closer to her she got the memo and leaned her ear close to me.

"It's not my first time making the polyjuice potion." I whispered in her ear "What!-" I put my hand over her mouth whilst others looked at us, cause Hermione shouted.

"Shhh. Keep it down we are still in the Library." She apologised "When did you- how... I have so many questions." I laughed "I know you do Mione, I made the potion with my dad a couple years back he needed it for some reasons that I didn't question plus Mother and Father said it was best that they taught me a few things before I left for school, as they don't teach those things in school anymore." Hermione looked at me in aw but was a bit of a weird aw look.

"I'm jealous you got to learn things we won't even be taught but at the same time isn't it suspicious that they didn't tell you what it was for and why they're teaching you these things." She asked.

"I thought that too but all they said was it was for work reasons and I needed to be prepared." We both gave each other confused looks. "Maybe we'll continue this conversation some other time when we are alone. It is your private life anyways." I agreed.

She then continued to asked how to make the potion seeing as we had plenty of time left I started to take her through it step by step and told her about how my dad said to do some steps this way instead of the way it was written down.

The Water Goblet

A/n I managed to get it at 1313 words (not including this A/n) I just want to thank everyone for understanding that I've lost motivation

A/n
I managed to get it at 1313 words (not including this A/n) I just want to thank everyone for understanding that I've lost motivation. I've been writing every single day for the past week, I've gotten a few more chapters written thanks to all of you lovelies. I promise I will get my motivation back and continue to upload every 3-4 days 🥰