Urgent medicine

Julian puts the medicine in his bag, grabs his bike and leaves to his grandmother's house, a couple of miles from there. In spite of the quarantine, she needs them as soon as possible and the rain is about to fall.
But, when he is halfway there, he falls from the bicycle and gets hurt.

Julian winces in pain.
He then felt a droplet of rain on his chin.
On the slate sky fell an outpour.
And his body felt sore.

Groaning, he sat and grabbed the bag so that the medicine doesn't get soaked.
Holding it unto his chest, he dragged himself next to the bike and stood up.

His grandmother was in a critical state.
Her chest constricting by the minute.
Each breath she took was slowly slipping.
An inhale was like a small pocket that inflated for three seconds, an exhale were the tiny holes of the pocket that the air scattered.

He pedaled, enduring the pain that he felt in his joints. Enduring the rain soaking his hair as it got between his eyes.

Grandma.

He stopped at her grandmother's neighborhood. A police car passed by, he had to hide. Julian got off the bike and laid it on the grass. The police car drove at a ridiculously slow pace. Julian hid until police car passed with its blaring lights.

The elderly woman looked at the window with the corner of her eye and saw the downpour. Then she felt that she is losing her breath. She saw a silhouette coming closer and closer, and closer.

Julian sprinted to his grandmother's house. He took off the necklace that held the copy of the keys to the house.

Julian?

She squinted as she saw the face of her grandson, smiling. She was hyperventilating.

Julian!

He opened the door.

Grandma...

He heard her choking, he ran up to her as fast as he could.

GRANDMA! HOLD ON! I GOT THE MEDICINE!

Her vision was blurry and his voice sounded far away.

Julian?

He injected the medicine into her bloodstream. Her sight blurred and it faded to black.