Unnoticed

"Are you sure we can't be seen?" Akane asked him, uncertain if she should follow them.
"Positive." Ruben affirmed as they followed his lead.
"How can you know?" Punakas questioned him.
"Because I came here a thousand times." Ruben replied while being on the lookout.
"The fact that no one had seen you before doesn't mean you can't be seen now." Akane reminded him.
"If anyone had seen me I would notice it." Ruben glared back at her.
"Why don't we go back. It's too risky." She insisted.
"No, wait." Punakas beckoned.
"I rather..." Akane tried to turn back, but it was too late.
"Look. It's about to start." Ruben smirked as they watched the commenced the gates opened to reveal an announcer stand on a wooden platform.

"Welcome gentlemen to the Arena, where fighters from all over the orb are gathered here to prove there worth on the ring." A fat man in yellow robes announced.

"To my right, I introduce you to Swart, a Neron slave weighing 238 lbs and 6 ft tall!" The black slave was chained up before the links of the chains were broken. The yoked man yelled angrily before the crowd cheered. "To my left, I introduce you to Alvon, a fresh Rubrum conditioned to fight. Standing 5½ ft tall weighing 165 lbs." The red haired slave was loosened from the iron chains and appoached Swart giving him a cold glare. "Let the match begin!" The announcer declared.

Alvon gave the first punch while Swart kneed him in the gut and grabbed his red hair. Akane couldn't stand watching this, Punakas was rapt in the match while Ruben gave a satisfied smirk. She couldn't understand how men find this barbaric act entertaining. She was going to leave when one of the slave owners caught them.

"This is no place for children!" The slave owner grabbed Akane by the arm forcefully. "Let her go!" Punakas shouted.
"I'm not going to let a bunch of kids ruin my business! You're coming with me." The slave owner carried the girl over his shoulder. Akane shrieked as she struggled to break from her captor's hold. Punakas pounced on the slave owner, and yanked his hair.

After the man let out a yell, he alerted the guards of the undergeound ring. Two muscular Flaven guards came to his aid, one muffling the girls screams and the other guard grabbed Punakas as the little boy fought in vain to escape the guard's muscular arm. "Now to catch the fat Rubrum. Where did he go?" Ruben was nowhere to be found. "Great! Now I have to find him myself. Lock them up!" The guards took the two orphaned children away as they struggled in vain to escape their clutches.

"I didn't bust my neck to keep this business afloat so that a fat tub of lard could step in and sink it." The slave owner stormed out of the underground's entryway.