Believe me

"I don't believe you." Micah crossed her arms looking at the Izarian farm girl in disbelief, maintaining an indifferent stare.
"I tell you, it's true." Stella said to the noseless alien that is as small as Dexter from the 90s cartoon.
"Do you really expect me to believe that you can fly?" She asked skeptically.
"I'm telling you." Stella told her with her southern drawl.
"Prove it." Micah glared through her goggles as she gritted her teeth.
"No." Stella didn't know how to show it to her, when the moment that she flew the last time, she felt that she could reach the end of the cosmos, but now... how was she going to show her how she flew across one point of the galaxy and bolted to where she found Micah's space pod like a lightning bolt at hyper speed.
"How can I believe it then?" Micah asked her as she turned put her fists against her hips.
"I thought you trusted me." Now Stella was appalled by her unbelief.
"But this is absurd." Micah raised her voice, almost like a shout.
"50 years ago was absurd the thought of making a video call." Stella reminded her.
"In that era, the thought of seeing someone on the other end of the line was unheard of!" Micah explained.
"You believe that the scientific advancement of technology can progress to new leaps from one destination to the next, yet you don't believe that I can fly." Stella told her as she stepped away, ready to leave.
"This is different Stella! You don't have wings, nor feathers, nor the petagium to have the means to fly." Micah refuted.
Stella glared at the Amoebian, "the blind have eyes, but cannot see, yet they are able to perceive what most refuse to see. The deaf have ears, but cannot hear, yet find a way to communicate what many refuse to hear. I flew across the cosmos without wings nor air in the vacuum of space to find you yet you refuse to see what's in front of you." Stella walked away and shut the automated door.

Micah couldn't comprehend what was happening to the Izarian farm girl. The Amoebian took off her goggles and her black beady eyes blinked in bewilderment.
"It doesn't make any sense." Micah asked herself. "How's that even possible?"

She would expect that sort of stunt with acting, editing and special effects to fly like the Superman comic series that the humans used to read and watch in movies, but this was difficult to process.

Then she remembered what Stella told her when they where starting at the Space Babes. "You think you're so smart, you're so hellbent on trying to find a reasonable explanation to the point that you're acting irrational, even the most advanced machinery can glitch."

"Are my neurons cross wired or Stella is right?" Micah asked herself. She considered herself to be a rational thinker, but she was acting dense like a stone. Even denser than Steinen. For the first time in months, maybe in years, she hadn't felt like a dunce in ages.

Micah gulped and pinched the bridge between her eyes, acknowledging that Stella has a point. That the scatter brained zygote has to which she had referred to back in training, has a point.

The Amoebian groaned and hit her head against the white metal table, assimilating her own stupidity at her disbelief.