Lights on.

I parked the car outside the house and called Diego immediately.
"Did you let the lights on?"
"I turned them all off."
"Are you sure?", I asked him.
"I always turned them off when I leave." He told me.
"But did you make sure they were off?" I added, then I saw him shrug.
"I did not come back to make sure. What's going on?" I got out of the car to check. First, I checked the windows of the house until I saw that he forgot to turn one of the lights off.
"The kitchen light is on." I told him. Honestly, how am I going to save money to pay for the electric bill if Diego doesn't pay attention.
"Where are you?" Diego asked.
"I'm outside." I shouted.
"Please stay there..."
"I'm coming in." I walked back into the garage.
"Janine! Wait!" That was the last thing I heard before I saw a spark. After that, nothing. The next thing I knew is that I woke uo at the hospital with my body wrapped in gauzes.

I don't know how I survived, the doctors said that I suffered second degree burns. It didn't add up. Diego said that one of the breakers of the kitchen short-circuited, but I think that not only did he forget to turn off the lights, he forgot to turn off the gas tank as well. He was more experienced in turning off gas leaks, or so I thought. I may have lost over half of my face, but my main concern at the moment is: can I move on my own? I lost some of the tissue from my arms, legs and torso so my mobility is limited at the moment.