The presentation

(Updated version featuring Carl from The Toilet, Julian from Urgent medicine, and Cedric, Boniface and Cassidy from I'm not quite sure.)

Gloria is ready for the presentation. It's the first time that she gets to pitch a project of her own and had been rehearsing all week.
In a few minutes a message will tell her to connect to the link they send and she will deploy everything she's been working on.
But five minutes before the moment, she realizes the internet connection is down.

"No! No no no no no!" No internet connection. "You've gotta be kidding! I rehearsed all week for this! I can't give up now!" No bars.

Gloria had prepared the presentation carefully, compiling the information, noting the sources, using references, including the bibliography. Emphasizing the hassle of sorting the bibliography for the project.

The online courses were starting to take a toll on her. She only had three minutes left to send the presentation to the professor and make a live video presentation as well.

Gloria had two minutes to get the internet back, but she didn't know how long it was going to take.

Isaías recalibrated the router, then he checked the signal bars on the laptop.

Gloria sat on her chair again and logged into the school's website and typed the password. With a press of a key, she entered to activate the video camera to give the presentation. The whole class were connected via video chat.

The students that were connected took turns to show their presentation: a small window appeared to show the student's face while the presentation was on the professor's computer screen.

To summarize, Gloria was the last student to show her presentation. The professor examined the content of her presentation, from the paragraphs, grammar, sources, articles, references, dates, and paid close attention to the bibliography. He squinted to make sure she cited the pages and links correctly.

After a month her grades revealed that she passed the class.

💻

That was two months ago, now she was enjoying her summer vacation with her family, sipping a piña colada.

There were news reports about a man in his 30s that got out of the hospital wearing a cast on one of his legs and a broken arm due to an explosion. The man had grown a beard for being there for so long.

A bald man with tawny skin was on the site live, he requested the reporters to respect the patients privacy.

Elsewhere...

"Carl, dinner is ready." His wife called.
"In a minute honey!" Carl replied as he raised the volume with the remote, the news showed a recording of Cedric walking out of the hospital before Boniface used his hand to block the camera. Carl turned off the TV before he sat to the dinner table with his now nine-year-old son.

Julian sat down on the couch of his one bedroom apartment as he looked at the frame of his grandma, after months of visiting his sick grandmother at the same hospital where the detective was staying. At least his granny could rest in piece, she had been agonizing for the last several weeks. He was still trying to find another part-time job in order to pay the rent.

Somewhere in Scotland, Cassidy Collins adapted to her new life, though she had to get used to the idea of being called Nena Nesbitt. The authorities of her homeland were still on the case in search for the terrorist and hacker who called himself as Jack Slate. At least she could finish her studies, she just needed to give a presentation with a foreign exchanged student from Spain named Gloria de la Garza (not the same Gloria from The pitch).

At least she wasn't having any problems, until someone from her past hacked her laptop.

Note: Auctor updated the wrong prompt and I thought I would upload the latest version of the prompt, that was until Auctor got updated again with the correct prompt this time. So yay! 👋🏻 😕

And thanks for letting me get 🥈 place on the last prompt, silver glitters most. 😏