The wedding date

Mike enters the city hall to book the date for his wedding. But even though he is looking forward to it, he finds himself speechless when he sees the woman at the front desk. She is Lucy, his teenage sweetheart, whom he never dared to share his feelings. She recognizes him and smiles like it hasn't passed fifteen years since the last time they saw each other.

Mike entered to city hall to book the date for his wedding. Even though he's looking forward to it, he finds himself speehless when he saw the woman at the front desk.

Lucy? Nah nah, it can't be.

Mike shook his head as he looked at the woman at the front desk. Lucy, his teenage sweetheart, looked fine. Same curly brown hair, same cinammon skin with curves that would make his heart stop. Back then, he didn't have the courage to ask her out. When the highschool prom came along he got ready ask her to prom before he had an accident.

He was caught in a car crash with his alcoholic uncle driving him to prom. Mike had been in a comma for 4 months, he woke up to find out that he missed prom night. His uncle dead and cremated without a chance to say his "crunkle" goodbye and his teenage sweetheart moved away to Seattle.

He had tried to contact her, and asked her friends and relatives. No response.

He slowly became an alcoholic like his late uncle, until he met his fiancée, Laura. She crept her way into his heart by being compassionate, caring, clever, and the way she cooked.

She filled him with love.

When he proposed to her, she accepted. Their pet dog, Rocco danced, a cute black and brown Chihuahua, he also a feisty little rascal.

But seeing Lucy again gave him nostalgia. He walked up to her as she finished filing the wedding date for a balding white man before she attended he next client.

"Lucy? Is that you?" She craned her head to find her highschool classmate.
"Mike?" She beamed as they gave each other a peck on the cheek.
"Surprised to see me?" Mike wiggled his eyebrows.
"Thank God you're okay. I visited you at the hospital but they wouldn't let me see you."
"For real?" Mike asked in a humorous tone, but he found it quite odd that his family hadn't told him.
"That's ancient history, so who's the lucky lady?" Lucy asked as she prepared to type. While they caught up, she typed the wedding date which eerily coincided with the day that Mike had gone through a car crash.
"All done. Have a nice day." Lucy smiled, that wide smile that had him head over heels.
"Thanks, Lucy." Mike smiled as he walked up past her desk and gave her a hug and kiss on the cheek, Lucy turned to kiss him on the lips. Then came the apologies and awkward glances between the two.

Mike walked out of city hall, Lucy stared as he bald head and fat butt (which she wanted to squeeze).

She already had the wedding date archived: Sunday, March 21st, 2021.