The toilet

[Rewritten: relying only on memory.]

"Shit!" Carl cursed out loud.

"Honey, are you okay? Did the casserole upset your stomach?" She asked.

"I'm fine!" But the toilet wasn't. He opened the cabinet and pulled out the air freshener to spray it on the shower curtains and on the windowsill.

"Carl, your football game is gonna start any minute." His wife reminded him.

"Just give me a minute!" He hollered.

"If you say so." His wife shrugged, a beautiful brunette, picked the dirty laundry one by one and put it on the hamper. From t-shirts, jeans and shorts to smelly socks, worn out boxers and faded pijamas.

Carl grabbed the handle of the plunger to plunge the toilet in attempts to purge the monstrosity that expelled from his bowels known as excrement. His wife went down the basement to throw the dirty laundry into the washing machine. She hummed a tune while she turned on the electrodomestic device.

While the washing machine whirred, the water pressure affected the pipeline that reached the plumbing of the bathroom. "C'mon, c'mon, cmon..." Carl chanted, usually reserved for the football game. Now as a means to get the job done. "...c'mon, c'mon, c'mon..."

His 8-year-old son got out of his room to sit on the couch.

"...c'mon, c'mon, c'mon..."

The boy grabbed the remote.

"...c'mon, c'mon. Yes!" Carl flushed the toilet, wiping the sweat from his forehead. The washing machine whirred even louder, the pipeline clattering.

The boy turned on the TV.

A slushing sound came from the toilet as the water came flooding out of the toilet bowl like a murky water fountain.

"Shit!" Indeed.

The stench was so foul that no air freshener could mask it. The boy scrunched up his nose in disgust.

"MOM! DAD CLOGGED UP THE TOILET AGAIN!!!"

Talk about foul play.