Forgotten.

"Thank God you got here." His wife said as he brought the shopping bags.

"I always deliver." He smiled, showing his crowned dentures.

"When you say 'always' you mean 'sometimes'." He tsked at her comment.

"Where do I put this?" He asked, putting the gallon of milk on the counter.

"Oh, put it in the fridge. And leave the other thing in the drawer, but be careful and don't let anyone see you." Desdemona told him, hinting that their daughter and grandchildren were staying with them for the time being.

"The other thing?" He raised his eyebrow.

"You are joking, right?" They have been married for 52 years, and she remembered how much of a jokester he was on the day they met.

"Of course I'm joking! You bought it!" He lied. "You almost got me for a minute." She gave a sigh of relief, it didn't last long.

"But let's pretend that it wasn't a joke. What were you talking about?" Desdemona put her hand on her forehead.

"You forgot... you've really forgotten... I can't believe it..." She felt a pain in her chest, as she tried to breathe.

"Calm down, I'm sure we can work it out." Dustin told her.

"Are you crazy? You really don't know what I'm talking about." She shouted, her eyes watering.

"I really don't." He admitted, Desdemona grabbed an empty pill container from the counter, showing the label of the perscription.

"Take a look at this. Do you remember now?" To her dismay, he didn't. He simply shrugged.

"Dustin, no." She had suspected it for some time, but she hated to admit. He started to forget small things, like forgetting his own birthday and then his memory slowly started deteriorating. He used to remember the names of his brothers who were long dead by now. But when he forgot who their son was, she panicked, that's why she invited her children and grandchildren to stay in the house, to keep him company. When Dustin forgot about their wedding anniversary, it broke her heart. Before the spread of the pandemic, she begged Dina (their daughter) to accompany her father to the store. Sadly, she got hospitalized and got infected. Desdemona prayed for her husband to return safe with the grosseries and the medicine. He returned safely, but he forgot the medicine that would help treat his disease. It was too late to go buy the medicine now.

"Don't worry honey, everything will work our fine." His husband comforted her.