The line

[Rewritten: relying only on memory.]

She left her children at home to go buy the essentials: cereal, milk, water, eggs, handy wipes, hand sanitizer, toilet paper, gloves, etc.

She put on her face mask and grabbed the shopping cart. She stood in next line, which looked more like a zigzag that reached to the store throughout the parking lot.

The guards that stood on the entrance of the parking lot to check on the license plate of the drivers that entered to park. The governor implemented guidelines due to the pandemic that the drivers that had paired numbers on their license plate were allowed to leave the house on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays while the drivers that have impaired numbers on their license plate were allowed to leave their homes on Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays.

As the line slowly budged, she saw the woman in front of her having a video call with her teenage son. The mother asked how her son was doing in his online courses, to which he replied, stating that he completed his exams.

A half hour passed and she made it halfway of the line when she heard a man, in his early 20s having a video chat with his former college roommate, behind her.

"Dude, you are not gonna believe what happened after you left campus. 19 sneaked out of their dorm to get a snack from the vending machine when the nerds from microbiology pulled out swabs to take samples for a project. 19 turned out to be an asymptomatic carrier of the Coronavirus. The class have been telling them to stay in their dorm. 19 said that if they wanted to scolded at, they would've stayed home. Even the principal chewed them out and put 19 on quarantine. Some of the class recorded the incident and made memes about it with hashtags like #GoHome19 #StayHome #StayInDoors." The guy on the video chat said.

Then the guy on the line received the memes through a link on the college portal. He snickered a bit scrolling over the memes.

By the time it was her turn to enter the store, she sent the text to her oldest son.

"I made it in. How is everything at home?"

He read the text to which he replied

"Okay. 🤷‍♂️"