Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5

Ryujin's POV

Ryujin's POV

Palace of Great Benevolence, Forbidden City
October 13, 1744

Iɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ I woke up not to the sound of Yuna coming in—though she had—or my bath being drawn—though it was. I woke up to the light coming through my window as Yuna gently pulled back the rich, silky curtains. She hummed a quiet song to herself, absolutely happy with her task.

My room's layout is simple, a bed on the right side of the room it was furnished with a thick-comfortable quilt, a shiny sandalwood table at the center of the room with chairs, another table on the left side of the room where Yuna will prepare me every day. Lastly, a door that leads to a bath. My clothes, ornaments, and cosmetics were already kept inside the intricate closet beside my prep table.

I wasn't ready to move. It had taken me a long time to come down from getting so worked up, and even more, time to relax after I'd realized exactly what that conversation with the head of the Bureau of General Affairs was about. It would be a miracle if Yeonjun would let my purity get that far.

"Your Highness? Are you awake?" Yuna asked.

"Noooo," I moaned into the pillow, I hadn't had nearly enough sleep from all the thinking last night. But Yuna laughed at my groan, which was enough to make me smile and decide to start moving.

I moved slowly into the monstrous bathroom, every step echoing against the shiny wooden floor. I went inside the enormous-circular tub filled with plum blossom petals resulting in releasing an enticing smell. Yuna wiped my body with a soft white cloth as not to damage my body according to the rules.

After my bath, Yuna draped a set of undergarments for me. I sat on the chair beside the prep table waiting for Yuna to dress me up. Yuna grabbed my comb in my trinket box, she used castor oil to give luster for my silky hair. Yuna picked a silver hairpin the end of the hairpin was decorated with beautiful blue gems in the form of flowers. 

The upper half of my hair was tied with the hairpin Yuna chose in the Palace's jewelry box. Yuna didn't tie the lower half of my hair. Yuna choose a cream-colored top embroidered with beautiful flowers, the collar, and sleeves of it are blue color, the skirt's color was like a clear-bright sky, embroidered flowers and spiritual animals littered across the skirt. Yuna grabbed a silk coat to cover my top.

Yuna picked-up a circular-porcelain object and a small brush, she placed the contents of the object softly unto my lips using the brush. My lips were translucent, radiant, and soft. Yuna carefully draws my eyebrows using a charred willow tree branch. She was about to apply some pink blush to my cheeks, but I raised my hand since I want light make-up.

"You look perfect, Your Highness!" Yuna said excitedly and clapped her hands lightly.

"Thank you, Yuna, for making me look perfect," I stood and watched my reflection on the mirror.