Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 6

Ryujin's POV

Ryujin's POV

Imperial Garden, Forbidden City
October 13, 1744

I ᴡᴀᴠᴇᴅ ᴀᴛ Pinky and Heejin, they both saw me and approached me immediately. I smiled at them and they returned the action. "Hey, what took you so long to find your hairpin Ryujin?" Pinky asked.

"Yeah, my legs are sore for standing here for too long," Heejin pouted.

"Sure,  you're being dramatic again," Pinky puffed air out from her mouth.

"Can I be dramatic for once without you reminding me every time?" Heejin crossed her arms.

"No, deal with it. Now, what took you so long to find it?" Pinky said sassily while Heejin just pouted.

"Oh, I found it immediately, but I got distracted from the view since I didn't see it before because of those 'Privileged' ladies," I reasoned out.

"Ugh, Yes, I wish we can take a stroll again, but it's almost time for us to take our breakfast," Heejin groaned.

I nodded my head, my mind drifted off. Thinking about what happened inside the pavilion I shuddered, but a smile found its way to my lips.

_________________________

I was dumbfounded hearing what that guy said, well, not gonna lie he looks like a bunny. I blurted out. "Pardon?"

His mouth gaped and he nodded slowly. "I said you look sophisticated handling those ladies over there," he repeated.

"Yes, I heard that, but how did you know?" I asked skeptically, I have to take precautions he might be a creep and kill me right here and now. 

He smiled sheepishly. "I was there," He pointed to a small stone bench at the corner of the pavilion. "I was reading a book, but I heard you guys fighting here and I just listened," He chuckled cutely.

"Okay, but I just stood there how am I sophisticated," I gave him a deadass look.

"Exactly!" He exclaimed "Even you just stood there and spoke a single statement you gave off an aura of an exceptional ruler. Perfect match for the Emperor!" He proudly said.

It was evident that he was flattering me. What a fake ass. I'm sorry Father if I'm too vulgar right now, but this guy dares to flatter me. I awkwardly nodded "Will you stop flattering me?  Stop being so shallow and stuck-up," I rolled my eyes.

He was a little taken aback, hurt. "Well, I'm sorry if offended you, but I was testing you," the bunny-looking guy smiled.

"That's just some trash of a reason there. Testing? Me? What are you a minister? Aren't you just an Imperial Scholar?" I said dryly, I don't care if I came up as a rude and mannerless woman to him. I can't just accept his reasons. After all, you have to watch out for wolves dressed in a sheep's clothing, they're quite rampant here in this Empire.