Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 9

Ryujin's POV

Ryujin's POV

Palace of Great Benevolence, Forbidden City
October 15, 1744

Sᴛɪʟʟ ɪɴ ᴄʟᴏᴜᴅɴɪɴᴇ, everyone was avoiding me after what transpired in the Belvedere even Heejin and Pinky was avoiding me like a plague. I knew this would happen, the others were staring at with an indescribable look, whispers were constantly being exchanged. I heard Kai mumbled. "Sorry, Concubine Lee," I felt like a wrench for blaming Kai, it isn't his fault that the other ladies are alienating me.

"It's okay Kai, It's their loss to alienate such beauty as mine," I said smugly to ease the tension, Nakyung and Yuna chortled at my proclamation. Kai's frown turned into a timid leer.

"Very well, Concubine Lee, no one can deny that you're a femme fatal," Kai simpered at his utterance.

"I also agree, with the head eunuch," Yuna nodding her head to affirm her words.

"Don't be sad, Master Kai those ladies won't top Concubine Lee's personality and beauty," Nakyung closed the discussion.

"Please drop the formalities, the three of us will always see each other since our lady won't be eliminated from now on," Kai shyly denied the formalities of my maids.

"Ah, yes. I'm a Concubine now, not a Low Range Concubine anymore," I said in relief.

"Not to mention, Concubine Lee's title isn't your normal Concubine she's the 1st out of the 5 Concubine, they'll have to respect her," Nakyung excitedly exclaimed.

"I know, we should maintain this rank for this month and next month, so no one will easily coerce Concubine Lee!" Yuna reminded Nakyung and Kai.

"Yes! I'll try my best to inform Concubine Lee with the Emperor's moves, so she can guarantee to win the Emperor's heart rather than his favor only," Kai chimed in his motive.

Happiness seeped through my heart, I was about to open the door to my room; Nakyung stopped me and pointed at the largest main room of the palace. "Concubine Lee, your stuff was already relocated to the first main room of the palace, your new maids are waiting for you inside," Nakyung reported.

"Yes, thank you Nakyung for reminding me," I walked through the hall of the main hall of the Palace

I saw Yeji and Lia talking outside of their rooms, they gave me dirty looks when I passed by. Unbothered by their stares, I just walked past them and proceeded to open the reddish-brown with abstract patterns door. Its surface is translucent and shimmering. What welcomed me was two more maids wearing the usual uniform red torso and white sleeves hanfu.

Both of them wore bright smiles when they saw me. "Greetings, Concubine Lee. We would be in your care," they said at the same time. Yuna ordered them to introduce themselves. I remembered the girl with rosy cheeks, she was the girl who was trying to bootlick the Emperor when we were still in Joseon.