Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 16

Ryujin's POV

Ryujin's POV

Palace of Great Benevolence, Forbidden City
December 31, 1744

Nᴀᴋʏᴜɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ Cʜᴀᴇʏᴏᴜɴɢ was preparing for my outfit for the banquet tonight for the Spring Festival. Kai was preparing the *Zhangu for my performance.  Yuna and Xiyeon were carefully wrapping the hanfu I weaved last week in a rich, velvety, maroon silk cloth. My room was flurrying with activity, It was lively yet all of our movement was harmonious. Nakyung let me wore a lot of robes, layer after layer. Matching my red layered robes Nakyung tied a veil below my eyes to obstruct my nose and my mouth; so people can focus on my eyes when I perform later on the banquet.

Chaeyoung brushed my hair before tying the upper half of my hair with a silver hairpin, its design was simple a flower with little chains hanging on the end of the hairpin. Every move I make it makes a sound. Then she wrapped the satchel I brought yesterday on my waist after she assisted me to wear a pair of gold rings which each ring has a *sheer fabric attached to it, to my middle fingers.

My outfit and Kai's uniform were accentuated both were red, simple yet it gives off a feeling of magnanimity. I turned to Nakyung and Chaeyoung to ask them something. "I'm just gonna perform a war dance. What's with the lush outfit?" I held my sleeves while looking at my servants in the corner of my eyes Kai also looked bewildered. 

The two of them exchanged looks.

"What did you do?" I asked, pointing at my outfit.

"We talk to all the other servants of the concubines, Your Ladyship. We hear a lot of things," Chaeyoung began. "We know that you and Lady Dong are the only two who got the favor of His Majesty, and from what we understand, there might be a link between you two."

I remembered Lady Dong she accidentally pushed a concubine and was called to meet the Emperor last month, she was also favored by Yeonjun but as far as I know, I'm not favored since it was Soobin who begged Yeonjun to send Kai and Xiyeon to me. 

"How so?" I asked.

"From what we've heard," Chaeyoung continued, "she wasn't supposed to be eliminated as the servants of the Emperor told us, but she was asked to leave is because she said some rather unkind things about you. The Emperor did not agree and dismissed her immediately."

"What?" I put a hand to my mouth, trying to hide my shock.

"We're sure you're his favorite, Your Ladyship. Most everyone says so." Xiyeon sighed happily.

"I think you've been misinformed," I told them. Chaeyoung shrugged with a smile on her face, not concerned at all with my opinion.

Then I remembered where this had started. "What does any of this have to do with my dress?"