Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 30

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

Palace of Compassion and Tranquility, Forbidden City
February 6, 1745

A ᴡᴇᴇᴋ ʜᴀᴅ passed since Jennie hadn't made her move toward the consorts after what transpired on January 29th, she stopped doing such dirty work and let the consort breath for the first time since she arrived. But alas, rumors came flying around the Inner Court even the maids and eunuchs happened to hear about the rumors. Juhyun who heard it immediately dashed back to Jennie's room, she was about to report to Jennie when she heard The Dowager's voice, leaning in her ear on the door.

"Starting from now, I would come to visit every time you hold a lesson." The Empress Dowager paused, she seemed to notice Juhyun's presence outside. "Whoever is eavesdropping, you're welcome to enter the room."

Juhyun had no choice, but to enter the room since the Dowager already knew she was eavesdropping. "Your Highness and Your Majesty."

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. You should beat some sense into your servants." The Dowager deliberately made a remark to Jennie's servants to agitate her.

"Yes, Your Majesty. I would as soon as you leave. Circling back there, why would you visit?" Jennie fake a smile.

The Dowager noted Jennie's tense look. "Hold your breath, I would have to secure that your servants wouldn't drive a wedge between you and the contestants of the competition." The Dowager eyed Juhyun sharply. "Of course, I won't teach them since it's your job now."

Jennie poised. "I would teach them to my utmost care."

"If so, then excuse me." The Dowager smiled before leaving the room she clicked her tongue at Juhyun who was still looking down the floor.

"Argh! That old bones of her can't stop!" Jennie screamed pushing the teacups and pot off the table.

"Your Highness!" Juhyun ran to stop Jennie from destroying more of her precious things. Jennie pushed Juhyun's hands off her and fixed her hair before facing Juhyun.

"Why are you here? I told you to scout what those little tramps are doing." 

"Your Highness, I have something to tell you."

"What?"

"Your Highness, His Majesty had been gracing Lady Lee this past few days," Juhyun said in a low tone.

"I know, I heard it from the servants outside," Jennie said lifelessly. "How many nights did His Majesty graced Lady Lee?"

"Five or so, I believe. . ." Juhyun counted using her hands.

"No, actually it's seven." Jennie's eyes welled up and she staggered.