Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 12

Yeonjun's POV

Yeonjun's POV

Imperial Library, Forbidden City
October 20, 1744

I'ᴍ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ Beomgyu to escort Lady Lee here inside the Imperial Library discreetly. Both of us need to meet secretly since I don't want to boil the other girls' jealousy. I sat on my table with books littered around it, I'm writing the exam questionnaire for the upcoming Imperial Examination next year. I sighed. It was already past 7 PM which is considered very late.

I heard a soft knock and Beomgyu's voice resounded. "Her Ladyship is here."

I stood up and smiled unconsciously, I know. I'm not like this with other women around. Rumors say I have a disease that won't impregnate the concubines or I just like men in general. But I didn't mind it since I know myself better than my subjects.

I rang the bell beside me to indicate that I allow Lady Lee to enter the Imperial Library. The door opened slowly and there Lady Lee stood astounded at the rows of bookshelves, she was already in her nightgown. I called her "Lady Lee? Would you mind to come here?"

She started walking toward me, of course, her eyes twinkled seeing thousands of priceless manuscripts waiting for her to read them. "Are all of these books free to read?" she excitedly asked.

"Yes, dear. All of them are waiting for you to read them." I smiled at her.

She shot me a glare. "Hm?"

"Ah! Sorry, I forgot, my dea- Lady Lee." I corrected myself to avoid the worst possible scenario if I agitate her.

"Thank you, Your Majesty." She smiled and bowed at me. Walking and checking out the manuscripts around the library. I followed her to avoid her losing her way around this massive library. I'm not concerned, I'm just scared she might damage one of my priceless collection.

"Your Majesty, why did you call me at this time of the night?" she said, turning a manuscript page after page checking out its contents before placing it back at its place. She turned to look at me.

"Ah, yes. I just wanted to talk to someone new?" I adjusted the book she just returned since it was slightly crooked.

"New?" She asked. "As expected, you hate being untidy when it comes to your stuff," she said, noticing me fixing the book she touched.

"Someone who isn't from my country? empire? court? Yes, I like it clean to avoid further atrocious acts." I followed her again. She was like a toddler that was amazed by every object presented to them.

"So that's what you mean." She touched her chin. "Are you a loner, perhaps?"

"A what?" I felt insulted for a second.