Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 38

Wᴀʀɴɪɴɢ:The following is intended to mature readers

Wᴀʀɴɪɴɢ:
The following is intended to mature readers. It contains scenes of sexual harassment that may not be suitable for all readers. Reader discretion is advised. If you do not wish to proceed. There would be a divider and warning where the scenes mentioned above would happen. But if you want a better reading experience, you should read the entire chapter.
Thank You!

Ryujin's POV

Xinyun Plains, China
September 3, 1745

Tʜᴇ ғᴏᴜʀ ᴏғ us-Soobin, Jennie, Yeonjun, and I-were sitting around a round table filled with different delicacies from the capital, Jennie sat in front of my while Yeonjunnie sat in front of Soobin. Even though, the setting was supposed to be lively the air was full of tension.

"This is a party, yet you're so quiet." Jennie raised her eyebrows at Yeonjun and smirked at him.

Yeonjun spared her a glance before replying nonchalantly, "Not at all. Here, a drink." he reached over to grab the wine pot and offered some to Soobin.

Jennie looked at both of them in silent amusement as they exchange glasses, she looked at me. "A drink?"

I smiled at her to agree to her request non-verbally; my guts were telling me she was planning something again. She poured wine into my cup and also hers and looked at me straight in the eyes.

"Now, shall we?" Jennie raised her cup slightly in the air before drinking the contents in one whole gulp.

I, on the other hand, just took a sip to take precautions to her actions.

"Why don't you drink? Scared of what you'll say?" Jennie said with mock astonishment.

I sighed and looked at the floor. "Scared, you say?"

Jennie chuckled and raised her eyebrows. "If you get drunk, I mean." She paused as I noticed a strange glint passed through her eyes as I looked at her sharply. "You look like you're hiding something. You and Soobin have been friends no need to be awkward, isn't that so?"

Soobin looked at Jennie dead in the eye while Jennie looked like she struck a treasure trove, Yeonjun can't help but to eye Jennie down and looked at Soobin.

"Not everyone likes to drink like you." Yeonjun confided.

"Oh my! It seems my dea-"

"I have nothing to hide, Your Highness." I cut Jennie's words off and she glared at me before pouring herself another glass of wine and we both drank simultaneously.

My throat burns, damn it. I can't handle my alcohol well, still, I managed to look calm and smiled at Jennie.

"Another drink?"