Part 4

The police cars rushed past me. I started walking into the direction the police cars went. They stopped at a small store. What's happening? I got closer to the store and saw someone walking out with handcuffs on. It was Jaemin. "Oh no".

I ran up to the police officer. "Sir, I didn't do anything". Jaemin said to the police officer. "Sir please let him go, it was a misunderstanding". I looked at Jaemin and he had tears in his eyes. "Miss please stay out of this". Is what the police officer said to me.

"No! it's not fair".  "Miss, we will bring you home".  "I need you to let Jaemin go". "Okay, you're coming with us". "Wait what?". The police officer pulls out handcuffs and puts them around my wrists. "I didn't do anything wrong".

They put me and Jaemin into the back of the police car and started driving.
"You see what you got yourself into!" Jaemin screamed at me. "I was trying to help you". I said very soft. "I don't need your help, you'll only get yourself in trouble if you do that, just forget about me".

He didn't look at me. "I can't do that". "Why not?". he said looking at me. "Because I know you can change and I'm not going to sit around and do nothing". "helping me is impossible, look at you, you're arrested because of me".

I looked down. There was a silence. "Why did you get arrested?". "It's nothing". He said looking out the window. "Don't tell me it's nothing". "I stole some food cause I was hungry". He said to me. "Why didn't you just pay?".  "Because I don't have any money". I sighed. 'Sir?' 'Yes?' the police officer said.

"I'll pay for the food he stole, but please just let us go". The police officer sighed. "You know what, you seem like a good kid, for this time I'll let you guys go, but there's not going to be another time, understood?" me and Jaemin both said 'Yes'. The police officer parked the car and let us out.

I paid for the food Jaemin stole. "Get home safe okay, and stay out of trouble". Is what the police officer told us. We watched him drive away. "Thank you". Jaemin said in a soft voice. "You're welcome". He started walking away.

"Where are you going?" I asked him. "Nowhere". I walked up to him and grabbed his arm. "No, you're coming with me". "Why?". "I want you to stay out of trouble". "I will y/n". "Wait? Are you still hungry?".  "Yes". He said that really quiet, but it was loud enough for me to hear.

"Come have dinner with me". "Y/n I can't". "Yes you can". "No, you've already done so much for me, I don't want to bother you anymore". "You won't, I just want to make sure you're okay". He looked up and gave me a small smile. "Well let's go". I started walking to my house.

Jaemin and I arrived at my house. I was about to open the front door, but Jaemin stopped me. "What's wrong?". "What about your parents". "They're probably not even home, so don't worry". I opened the front door and I was right. My parents weren't home.

Jaemin sat down on the couch and I got us some drinks. "Here you go". I gave him his drink. "you want to order some pizza?" he nodded. Why is he so shy all of a sudden? I ordered a pizza. "Jaemin?' 'Huh?" "Can I ask you something?" "Depends on what the question is".

I hesitated but just asked it. "What is the real you?". "What do you mean."   "You know, what is Jaemin like?". "You've seen who I am".   "I don't believe that's the real you". I said, taking a sip of my drink. "What about you, what is y/n like?"

"I don't know, I guess I'm still figuring that out". " Really? It looks like you have the perfect life". "Well then you do not know me Jaemin". "Why? What happened?"     "I'll tell you that once I'm ready". "I know for a fact your life is better than mine".   "Oh and why is that? Your one of the most popular guys in high school, you can get any girl you want".

"I don't want all the girls, I don't want a friend who is friends with me because I'm ''popular'', I want a friend who understands what I'm going through, a friend that will be there whenever I need them". That's when the doorbell rang. "I'll get it".