Chapter 14

3 months later...

I am now nearly 4 months along. And my baby bump is now showing. Due to my baby bump showing me and Peter left public school and started online school a month ago. It's going alright. We had to tell Ned and Betty what's going on. The were very supportive of it. Today I'm having my third sonogram check up. Also today we may be finding out the gender of the baby. I secretly want a girl but I keep on thinking it's a boy. Me and Peter tried some of those "old wives baby gender predictions" and they all came out saying that it's going to be a boy. I don't know what Peter wants. I feel like he'd enjoy having a son. But would also be exited if it was a girl.

"Good morning baby" Peter whispers against my neck. I chuckle "morning" I say and peck his lips. "We get to find out our baby's gender today" he says smiling big. "Yeah" I chuckle. He turns on the tv as we watch the good morning America. "Peter?" I ask looking up at him. "Yes baby?" He asks watching the tv while running his hand though my hair. "Um. Do you want a baby girl or a baby boy?" I ask him a bit nervous. "Of course I don't mind either as long as it's healthy, but I actually want a girl" he says. I chuckle. "I feel like it's a boy though" I say. "It really doesn't matter to me baby, maybe our next one will be a girl" he laughs. Wait. What? "Our next one?" I chuckle "I know, I'm sorry. This was very forward" he chuckles. Knowing I'll have a family with Peter just makes me just more in love with him. He's also thinking about the future. Our future. "Don't worry about it" I chuckle. After that we started getting ready. I put on a shirt and a cardigan around my shoulders. Keeping me cozy. As I finish brushing my teeth I look at my baby bump. I move the cardigan so it's more visible. I still can't believe there's a life inside there. "You good baby?" Peter asks walking in. "Yeah" I smile. "Can't wait to meet you baby boy" he says kissing my belly. I chuckle. Every night Peter pulls up my top and talks to the baby. And I mean every, single, night. It's honestly the sweetest thing. "Baby boy?" I ask. "Well the "old wives baby gender predictions" came out all being a boy" he says and puts his hands on my cheeks. I smile at him. He pulls me in for a deep passionate kiss.

"You two exited for today?" May ask taking a bite of her pancake. "Very, but I think we both know what we're having" I say pouring some more maple syrup on my pancakes. "Oh really?" She asks. I nod. "We think it's a boy" Peter says pouring himself some coffee. "Well as long as it's healthy, it doesn't matter" May says now finishing up eating. I take another pancake and put it on my plate. You know what would taste good with that? A pickle and some hot sauce. I walk into the kitchen and grab a jar of pickles out of the fridge and the hot sauce out of the cabinet. I place the pickle on the pancake, and I roll it. Then topping it off with hot sauce. "Oh my god this is so good" I say taking a bite. Both Peter and May look at me weirdly. "What? The baby wants it" I say. They both just laugh.

After I ate that I was completely full. "That was so good" I say. "You enjoyed that buddy?" I ask looking down at my belly. Peter chuckles and kisses my head. "Now let's get going" May says putting on her shoes.

"Hi I have a sonogram appointment at 10am for Michelle Jones" I tell the lady at the front desk. She smiles and nod. "Dr. Smith will be with you shortly" she says "thank you" I say and we walk over to the waiting room and sit down. I'm feeling so nervous today. Peter put his hand on my thigh and kissed my cheek.

"Michelle Jones?" Dr. Smith calls out. Me and Peter both get up and walk over. "Nice to see you again and dang that baby bump popped out" she chuckles. "It really did" I chuckle. We walk in. "Alright Michelle you already know the drill by now" she says sitting down on her chair. I lay down and roll up my shirt up to my bra line. Peter then takes my hand into his. "Okay, lets start" she says and rubs the cold gel onto my baby bump. "There it is" she says. I look at the screen. Every time we went. It looked different. It doesn't look like a blob of cells anymore. It looks like an actual human baby. Our baby. Mine and Peters. I smile at the screen and a tear rolls down my cheek. I also her Peter sniffling. "Would you like to know the gender?" She asks. "Yes" I chuckle and peter nods his head. "Well, it look like you're having a baby girl, congratulations" she smiles. I cover my mouth in shock. Oh my god. We're having a baby girl. It's not a boy. It's actually a girl. "It's a girl, baby" peter says tearing up and kissing my head. More tears come running down my cheeks. I'm gonna be a mom to a baby girl. It doesn't seem real. "Were you not expecting a girl?" She asks and hands me the paper towel. "Not at all. We did one of those "old wives baby gender predictions" and they all came out bay" I chuckle. "Well it was actually a girl" she chuckles. "Would you like the copies?" She asks. "Yes please" Peter says. She nods and walks out to copy them. "A baby girl" Peter says. I chuckle. I knew how much he wanted a daughter. "I love you Michelle" he says "I love you too Peter" I say and pull him into a kiss.

The doctor soon walks in with four copies of the sonogram. I look at them and can't resist not to smile. "You will be four months along in 4 days. Not when you're about 3 or 4 months you can already experience some movement of the baby" she says "really? That early?" Peter asks amazed. She nods. "Well that's all for this month, and I'll see you next month" she says. I smile "thank you, bye" and we leave the office.

We walk over to May. She smiles and stands up. "Is it a boy or a girl?" She asks excited. "It's a girl" I chuckle "oh my goodness" she says and embraces me. I hug her back and smile. "Now we can know how to decorate the nursery and what kind of clothes to buy" she says. "Yeah" I chuckle. "Cmon, let's go get some baby stuff now" she says. "Calm down May, Mj isn't due till May" Peter chuckles "I know, I just can't help it. Just a couple little onesies won't hurt nobody" she says. I chuckle and look over at Peter. He sighs and nods his head smiling.