Chapter 41

3 months later...

Mjs p.o.v.

I am now 3 months along my pregnancy and my baby bump is already showing. Today I'm having my third ultrasound. I'm really excited to see my baby again. This time around I'm actually enjoying and I'm grateful for my pregnancy. I didn't want to show with with Mary because I was only 17 but I actually really like being pregnant. It's just an amazing feeling  to have. Carrying a small life inside you. Having company 24/7. Eating whatever you want. There's a lot of great things about being pregnant. My morning sickness is almost gone now. Betty who is nearly 4 months along her pregnancy is still getting very sick. I feel bad for her because I'm actually enjoying my pregnancy.

Right now I'm just laying in our bed watching the morning news while Peter is making breakfast. Even though I'm only 3 months along, Peter doesn't allow me to do any physical work around the house. Not even putting the dirty dishes in the washing machine. He was exactly the same when I was pregnant with Mary. I feel bad about not doing anything but I know he doesn't mind. "6 more months" I smile looking down at my small bump. "Hi mama" Mary says walking into our room and jumping on the bed "morning sweetheart" I smile. She smiles and pokes my belly. "Is your tummy gonna get even bigger?" She asks. "Yes it will get a lot bigger" I say showing her how big my bump should be at the end of my pregnancy. She puts her head on my belly. "Hello baby?" She says and I chuckle. "Can mommy have a cuddle?" I ask her. She smiles and nods. Then lays down next to me and cuddles to my chest. I turned into a big softie. "Why are you not at work yet?" She asks. It's Monday and I always start at 7. "Because of the baby I work from home now" I tell her. "Don't forget to bring your set of coloured pencils with you to school today" I tell her "I already packed them into my back pack" she says "good girl" I smile and kiss her head. They're having an art lesson today and the teacher requested them to bring their coloured pencils. I know Mary will enjoy today because she loves colouring. She loves everything to do with art. She literally is a mini me. "I think daddy is just about done with breakfast" I tell her and sit up. She smiles and stretches. I put on my robe and we walk downstairs. "Morning daddy!" Mary says running up to Peter "good morning princess" he says ruffling her hair. "Hurry up, baby is hungry" I chuckle walking over to him. "It's gonna be done any moment now" he smiles caressing my baby bump and kissing me. "I made you tea" he says handing me a cup of my favourite tea. "Thanks babe" I smile. "And freshly squeezed orange juice for miss Mary" he says handing Mary her orange juice "thank you daddy" she says wand we go to the dining table.

After breakfast we drove off and dropped Mary off at school. And then we drove to the clinic for my third sonogram appointment. I'm really excited and looking forward. I doubt she's gonna be able to tell us the gender just yet, because I'm only 3 months along. But it doesn't matter, I'm just excited to see our little baby.

"Hi, I have an ultrasound appointment at 9am" I tell the lady at the front desk. "Alright Dr. Smith will be with you shortly" she says. I nod and we walk and it down in the waiting room.

"I'm so excited to see our little baby again" Peter says kissing the side of my head. "Me too" I chuckle putting my hand on my belly.

"Michelle Parker?" Dr. Smith calls out. Me and Peter stand up and walk over to her. "Nice to see you again Michelle" she smiles. We walk into the room "I think you already know the drill" she chuckles. I smile and lay down on the table. I roll my shirt up to my bra line. Peter sits down on the chair next to me and takes my hand in his. "So you are 3 months and 4 days along" she says and I nod. The puts the cold get onto my abdomen and rubs it around with the wand. Me and Peter look at the screen. A big smile appears on my face. Every time we go, our baby looks different. Now it's starting to look like an actual little human being. I don't even realise it but I'm tearing up already. "Our little baby" Peter says smiling. "Yeah" I smile wiping away my tears. "Would you like to know the sex?" She asks. "You can already tell the sex?" I ask her confused. With Mary we found out the gender in my 4 month of pregnancy. "Yes I can. It all depends on how the baby is positioned" she says "would you like to know?" She asks smiling. I look at Peter and nod. "It looks like you are having a baby boy, congratulations" she smiles. "A baby boy" I smile looking at Peter. "We're gonna have a son baby" Peter says kissing me. I can tell he's so happy. And so am I. We have a daughter and now we're gonna have a son too. "Now you have a daughter and you'll have a son. The most perfect combo" she says as I wipe off the gel. "Everything seems completely normal, he has a nice strong heartbeat. And in a month you should feel him moving" she says. "Thank you so much" I say. "No problem, see you two next month!" She says and we leave the office. "A baby boy" Peter says smiling. I chuckle and he gives me a kiss. "We'll have the best of both worlds" I smile looking down at my small bump.

After that we just drove home and waited till Mary is done with school so we can surprise her. I feel like she'd much rather have a sister but I think she'll be happy with a brother. Me and Peter stopped at a bakery to pick up a few white cupcakes filled with blue filling inside. This is gonna be our way of surprising Mary, plus she loves cupcakes.

Later...

"Hi Mommy!" Mary yells running inside our house with Peter following behind her. "Hi baby" I smile and pick her up. "How was school?" I ask her "it was good! I made you a drawing" she says handing me a piece of paper. "Look that's me, that's daddy, that's you and inside your belly is the baby" she says pointing at the picture. This is seriously so cute. "That looks amazing sweetie. Great job" I say kissing her "I love it, now go put it on the fridge" I tell her. She giggles and runs to the kitchen. Whenever she draws anything I let her put it on our fridge.

"Me and mommy have a little surprise for you" Peter says sitting down on the couch next to me. "What is it?" Mary asks exited. I get up and bring over the white cupcakes. "Cupcakes!" Mary says "not just any cupcakes Mary, inside these cupcakes can be pink or blue filling. If the filling is pink you're having a baby sister and if the filling is blue you're having a baby brother" I tell her. She jumps up and down exited. I hand her a cupcake and she bites into it.

"It's blue!" She says looking at the blue filling inside the cupcake. "Yeah! You're having a baby brother" Peter tells her. She smiles and finishes the whole cupcake. "You exited?" I ask her. She giggles and nods. "Didn't you want a baby sister?" I ask her. "At first yes, but my friend Isabel told me her younger sister is a pain in the butt" she says "Baby don't say that" I laugh. She shrugs and smiles. "Can I have another one, please?" She asks pointing at the cupcakes. I chuckle and hand her another one.
In 6 more months, me and Peter will have a son.